Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election - (Handel WINS 52%-48% over Ossoff)

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I didn't think Bernie stans still existed. :russ:

Anyway, 538 had the race at a 50/50 tossup which mean Handel will probably win. If I'm the Democrats, I'm not discouraged in the least bit though. The GOP should be winning by a large margin in that part of the city and they aren't.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
It’s hard to overstate how many of the locals we talked to who are anxious for things to get back to normal.

Take Keiko Coghlin of Sandy Springs. She told our intern Martha Michael that she voted for Karen Handel because Jon Ossoff’s campaign “just drove me crazy.”

“They called our house, stuffed up our mailbox, they even rang our doorbell. We were really turned off by that,” Coghlin said. “For anyone that was on the fence in this election, this kind of stuff really pushed you towards Handel.”

This is what I was wondering about with all the national hype. There is a point of over saturation.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is what I was wondering about with all the national hype. There is a point of over saturation.

they were never voting for ossoff in the first place then :pachaha:

i didnt know who to vote for, so im voting for the person that gave me less information about their platform :pachaha:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
they were never voting for ossoff in the first place then :pachaha:

i didnt know who to vote for, so im voting for the person that gave me less information about their platform :pachaha:
I think the danger in that thinking is that you're assuming that everyone had the same motivation to vote. Maybe you're partial to republicans but you're not impressed with Handel or ossoff and say duck it. You stay home.

Now you have one side constantly ringing your door bell and calling your phone. Now you're pissed off and if you had no motivation before you now have the additional motivation to say fukk you.

Maybe you're a fence sitter and this swayed you one way.

At some point it can feel like harassment. This race has gotten a lot of attention and I think people forget this isn't a national race. It's local to the people who live in the district and the media attention probably makes the whole race feel oversized for what it should be.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think the danger in that thinking is that you're assuming that everyone had the same motivation to vote. Maybe you're partial to republicans but you're not impressed with Handel or ossoff and say duck it. You stay home.

Now you have one side constantly ringing your door bell and calling your phone. Now you're pissed off and if you had no motivation before you now have the additional motivation to say fukk you.

Maybe you're a fence sitter and this swayed you one way.

At some point it can feel like harassment. This race has gotten a lot of attention and I think people forget this isn't a national race. It's local to the people who live in the district and the media attention probably makes the whole race feel oversized for what it should be.
then thats just the risk you take :yeshrug:

if too much exposure makes you actually vote against the guy than just not vote at all, you werent voting for him in the first place

people cant complain about not reaching out to voters, then complain about reaching out too much

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s hard to overstate how many of the locals we talked to who are anxious for things to get back to normal.

Take Keiko Coghlin of Sandy Springs. She told our intern Martha Michael that she voted for Karen Handel because Jon Ossoff’s campaign “just drove me crazy.”

“They called our house, stuffed up our mailbox, they even rang our doorbell. We were really turned off by that,” Coghlin said. “For anyone that was on the fence in this election, this kind of stuff really pushed you towards Handel.”

:scust:Americans are the worst people on Earth.