George A. Romero dead at 77

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn. We lost Martin Landau on Saturday and George on Sunday. :mjcry:

I read that the studio wanted a happier ending for Night of the Living Dead. Glad that George kept his foot down and kept the ending the way that it was.

What studio? He shot it independent homie. Shopped it himself to theaters in New York and handled everything. Which is partially why he never saw any royalties from it

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
What studio? He shot it independent homie. Shopped it himself to theaters in New York and handled everything. Which is partially why he never saw any royalties from it

I went back at looked. Apparently, when he was trying to find a distributer, AIP was interested in it, but wanted him to reshoot the ending and make it happier and more upbeat. He obviously didn't. Good for him. And yeah, he got played by his eventual distributors. :damn: Hardly saw a dime. :mjcry:

Daps
RIP. going to rewatch Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead today :wow: just seen Night again a couple weeks ago

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
One of my fav films of all time.
Damn. We lost Martin Landau on Saturday and George on Sunday. :mjcry:

I read that the studio wanted a happier ending for Night of the Living Dead. Glad that George kept his foot down and kept the ending the way that it was.
Landau rip
I met him down hollywood blvd late 90's and gave him a pound and told him his role as bela lagosi was superb! Ed wood is a brilliant film.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Rest in Piece, but at least he went surrounded by family.

Great contributor to the sci-fi and horror genres..

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First Craven, and now my second GOAT Horror GAWD:wow:

...revitalized a genre by making a 1960s Brotha:boss: the unsung hero till the twisted end:damn:

Night of the Living Dead / Creepshow / Dawn of the Dead / Day of the Dead:laff: defines

my childhood:mj: And, The Crazies/ Land of the Dead / Diary of the Dead (lowkey, a dope fun flick) / Survival of the Dead makes the cypher complete:banderas:

Thanx Romero:rip: for resurrecting Zombies with social awareness and FUKKERY galore:myman:

Last edited:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The first three films were actually scary. I remember watching night/dawn/day like :picard: