George A. Romero dead at 77

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
The first 3 dead movies are a classic trilogy. The writing valued the characters and didn't just focus on the zombies. So in turn you actually cared when they were in danger. Some of the most memorable zombies of all time and creative ideas like trying to bring back a zombie from death by reminding them of their humanity(Bub in Day). The mall in Dawn is a classic horror setting inspiring the Dead Rising series among other media. The ending of Night is still one of the bleakest movie endings of all time and Creepshow is still one of THE best horror anthology films ever.

He's had a big influence on me and my love of horror. Rest in Pieces.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Night-of-the-Living-Dead-Jones-and-Hardman-fighting.JPG

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Only zombie movies I liked were by him... I'm more of a vampire/werewolf fan so for me to love his movies meant Mr. Romero was special

RIP

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Both "Night" and "Dawn" loomed large over my childhood, in terms of horror movies, and movies in general. I remember one Halloween season my friend's Dad brought home the VHS of "Night", and it had us riveted for the whole afternoon and set forth a life long interest in horror/zombie movies.

I think "Day" is a disaster and his later work became very hit or miss, and that's being generous, I couldn't believe how bad that last one was, it was unwatchable. "Survival Of The Dead", I think. I did like the one in 2008, and his vampire movie "Martin" is a creepy little underrated horror movie.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Both "Night" and "Dawn" loomed large over my childhood, in terms of horror movies, and movies in general. I remember one Halloween season my friend's Dad brought home the VHS of "Night", and it had us riveted for the whole afternoon and set forth a life long interest in horror/zombie movies.

I think "Day" is a disaster and his later work became very hit or miss, and that's being generous, I couldn't believe how bad that last one was, it was unwatchable. "Survival Of The Dead", I think. I did like the one in 2008, and his vampire movie "Martin" is a creepy little underrated horror movie.
Martin was Ill..ahead of its time in my view.