Geopolitical "Ouch!": Putin says 755 U.S. Diplomats Must Leave Russia

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Jesus...:francis:... be unnecessarily cantankerous with a nook superpower brehs....talking to you Trump/Russia Collusion Fairy Tale Dust Heads.

Does it look like Putin is colluding with Don Cheeto if he is ordering diplomats out?...:snoop:

This is not the wave......

755 US diplomats must leave Russia: Putin
Superpower? This isn't the USSR.

Secondly while I don't desire war, the idea that nothing should be done after what they did during the election because they pull some diplomats out is stupid.

They really don't like the sanctions because they hurt.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought that he couldn't veto it in this case because of some weird rule? Not sure, I will have to look it up. He also publicly already committed to signing it, right?
He can veto it, but congress can override that veto, and it becomes law (without his signature). And yea, communication from the WH says he's going to sign.

@newworldafro

The Kremlin is done betting on Trump and planning how to strike back against U.S. sanctions

MOSCOW — Your geopolitical nemesis is suffering a political meltdown and says you’re partly to blame. Angry legislators have slapped you with new sanctions, which their president says he will sign. What’s a resurgent autocracy to do?

In Moscow, it’s time for some game theory.

Regardless of whether the Kremlin believes its own denials of interfering in the 2016 elections, there is one undeniable truth: Russia is now Washington’s greatest political foe. Understanding that President Trump is “tied hand and foot,” as one foreign policy hawk here put it, Moscow is weighing options for retaliation.

After a dalliance on the Trump train, Russia is once again channeling the ruthless realism that drives its political id, and embracing its role as antihero.

“Okay, you think we’re bad guys, we’re going to be bad guys, and we’ll see whether you like it or not,” said Konstantin Eggert, a television political commentator, describing the Kremlin thinking.

Russia’s decision on Friday to expel dozens, perhaps hundreds, of American diplomats and other embassy staff marks the first salvo in retaliation to American sanctions that promises to be unpredictable and fraught with emotion. It is built on the frustrations of a Russian leader who perhaps thought that a Trump presidency could change everything, and then watched those hopes dissolve in scandal and recriminations.

The Russian establishment has been angry with the West before but rarely so filled with contempt. It is far worse than several years ago, when tensions rose to fever pitch over a pro-Western revolution in neighboring Ukraine, sold on Russian television as a nationalist uprising with echoes of fascism.

“No one was scared by the first [2014] sanctions, it was almost fun,” said Andrei Kolesnikov, a veteran member of Vladimir Putin’s press pool, who co-wrote a 2000 book of interviews with the Russian president and traveled with him to Finland recently. “Now there’s a sense among Russian officials that everything is very serious. And they’re all looking at Vladimir Putin to see what to do.”

A common adage about Putin is that he is a canny tactician but a poor strategist. He has taken the upper hand in conflicts with neighbors such as Ukraine and Georgia, and in so doing, surrounded himself with enemies. With Trump’s growing political impotence, Russia’s cyber-intervention in the 2016 elections now seems similarly pyrrhic. “I don’t think he knows how this ends,” Kolesnikov said. “The rules are now being made up on the fly.”

Predictions for autumn are frank: economic war. “If the bill is approved and most probably it will be adopted, then we will inevitably enter the stage of what we call the Cold War,” said Andrei Sidorov, an expert on international politics at Moscow State University and one of several hawkish Russian analysts who sat down for a roundtable discussion at a state news agency recently. “And the Cold War means various responses.”

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
He can veto it, but congress can override that veto, and it becomes law (without his signature). And yea, communication from the WH says he's going to sign.

@newworldafro

The Kremlin is done betting on Trump and planning how to strike back against U.S. sanctions

MOSCOW — Your geopolitical nemesis is suffering a political meltdown and says you’re partly to blame. Angry legislators have slapped you with new sanctions, which their president says he will sign. What’s a resurgent autocracy to do?

In Moscow, it’s time for some game theory.

Regardless of whether the Kremlin believes its own denials of interfering in the 2016 elections, there is one undeniable truth: Russia is now Washington’s greatest political foe. Understanding that President Trump is “tied hand and foot,” as one foreign policy hawk here put it, Moscow is weighing options for retaliation.

After a dalliance on the Trump train, Russia is once again channeling the ruthless realism that drives its political id, and embracing its role as antihero.

“Okay, you think we’re bad guys, we’re going to be bad guys, and we’ll see whether you like it or not,” said Konstantin Eggert, a television political commentator, describing the Kremlin thinking.

Russia’s decision on Friday to expel dozens, perhaps hundreds, of American diplomats and other embassy staff marks the first salvo in retaliation to American sanctions that promises to be unpredictable and fraught with emotion. It is built on the frustrations of a Russian leader who perhaps thought that a Trump presidency could change everything, and then watched those hopes dissolve in scandal and recriminations.

The Russian establishment has been angry with the West before but rarely so filled with contempt. It is far worse than several years ago, when tensions rose to fever pitch over a pro-Western revolution in neighboring Ukraine, sold on Russian television as a nationalist uprising with echoes of fascism.

“No one was scared by the first [2014] sanctions, it was almost fun,” said Andrei Kolesnikov, a veteran member of Vladimir Putin’s press pool, who co-wrote a 2000 book of interviews with the Russian president and traveled with him to Finland recently. “Now there’s a sense among Russian officials that everything is very serious. And they’re all looking at Vladimir Putin to see what to do.”

A common adage about Putin is that he is a canny tactician but a poor strategist. He has taken the upper hand in conflicts with neighbors such as Ukraine and Georgia, and in so doing, surrounded himself with enemies. With Trump’s growing political impotence, Russia’s cyber-intervention in the 2016 elections now seems similarly pyrrhic. “I don’t think he knows how this ends,” Kolesnikov said. “The rules are now being made up on the fly.”

Predictions for autumn are frank: economic war. “If the bill is approved and most probably it will be adopted, then we will inevitably enter the stage of what we call the Cold War,” said Andrei Sidorov, an expert on international politics at Moscow State University and one of several hawkish Russian analysts who sat down for a roundtable discussion at a state news agency recently. “And the Cold War means various responses.”

:yeshrug: If Don Cheeto signs this shiitty putrid law...........:wow: speechless.........

Then I have no reason to keep trying to say how ridiculous and fake this mass mind control situatuation is...I'll tap out....the idiot would be co-signing a lie against himself.

At that point God help us all....:snoop:

Cotdamm......if this joker really signs this shiiit....which at it's core is a literal blatant lie that snowballed down Mount Everest....if he signs this shiit and doesn't at least fight against the bullshiiit.......:hubie:.....

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:yeshrug: If Don Cheeto signs this shiitty putrid law...........:wow: speechless.........

Then I have no reason to keep trying to say how ridiculous and fake this mass mind control situatuation is...I'll tap out....the idiot would be co-signing a lie against himself.

At that point God help us all....:snoop:
I don't understand why you're so scared. You think a war is going to break out?

"The ministry said the United States had until Sept. 1 to reduce its diplomatic staff in Russia to 455 people, the number of Russian diplomats left in the United States after Washington expelled 35 Russians in December."

"An official at the U.S. Embassy, who declined to be named because they were not allowed to speak to the media, said the Embassy employed around 1,100 diplomatic and support staff in Russia, including Russian and U.S. citizens."

Trump to sign Russia sanctions, Moscow retaliates

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I don't understand why you're so scared. You think a war is going to break out?

"The ministry said the United States had until Sept. 1 to reduce its diplomatic staff in Russia to 455 people, the number of Russian diplomats left in the United States after Washington expelled 35 Russians in December."

"An official at the U.S. Embassy, who declined to be named because they were not allowed to speak to the media, said the Embassy employed around 1,100 diplomatic and support staff in Russia, including Russian and U.S. citizens."

Trump to sign Russia sanctions, Moscow retaliates

Yeah I literally just saw that. Came back in the thread to make an asterisk. Well that's good :whew:...for what it's worth....but the fact 97 - 2 Senate voted to sanction Russia for interfering in election...with no proof, just to create the atmosphere and elongate the lie in the minds of my fellow gullible Americans. Damn this is some high level fukkboi shiit. Shout out to Rand Paul :salute: for staying strong as one of the 2 non-fukkbois.

Aren't they still "investigating" the collusion...so they basically saying Trump is guilty in some way without even getting all the facts and with Debbie Waasermam Schultz and Aman IT Bros story breaking ground Monday. No wonder the MsM avoided that story.... :scust:.

Unreal.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:what:Y'all forgot last week when Don Jr. tweeted proof of collusion like a moron?
That is the meat in the big nothingburger.

Anyways, people keep bringing Trump into the sanctions being passed against Russia, where in this case, he was secondary. This is supposedly retailiation for attempts to hack voting databases and a series of other cyber attacks related to the 2016 election. Trump is a secondary character in this scenario.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
This is not the man vs man thing that you are trying to make it out to be, and it would seem Trump makes it out to be. The US is 1000 X's more powerful than Russia is, but Trump makes it seem that because He is so afraid of Putin as a man, that Russia is on equal footing as the US. The sanctions we put on them are nothing to us, all those diplomats getting expelled, nothing to us, but for some reason, Trump wants to build up Russia. Fukk Russia, they tried to interfere in our elections, they don't listen to anybody in regards to our support for our alliances in NATO, and they openly mock our country. Their Nukes are not as much as an equalizer as y'all make it out to be, and you folks would love for all of us to be scared into a partnership that would not benefit us in any way. Let them deal with these sanctions, and once Putin has been brought to heel and if he decides to put his country over his pride as a "strongman" Russia can eat again, once they stop their fukkery. We are the world leader, superpower, but y'all would rather we start a new axis of evil, when we don't have to.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This is not the man vs man thing that you are trying to make it out to be, and it would seem Trump makes it out to be. The US is 1000 X's more powerful than Russia is, but Trump makes it seem that because He is so afraid of Putin as a man, that Russia is on equal footing as the US. The sanctions we put on them are nothing to us, all those diplomats getting expelled, nothing to us, but for some reason, Trump wants to build up Russia. Fukk Russia, they tried to interfere in our elections, they don't listen to anybody in regards to our support for our alliances in NATO, and they openly mock our country. Their Nukes are not as much as an equalizer as y'all make it out to be, and you folks would love for all of us to be scared into a partnership that would not benefit us in any way. Let them deal with these sanctions, and once Putin has been brought to heel and if he decides to put his country over his pride as a "strongman" Russia can eat again, once they stop their fukkery. We are the world leader, superpower, but y'all would rather we start a new axis of evil, when we don't have to.

True Putin think he restarting the USSR like breh nobody fukks with Russia at all. It is probably one of the most isolated racist breeding backward country in the world. Putin sitting around like he playing Civilization 5 and America is pulling his hoe card seriously. Russia in the next five years need yo worry about China and infiltraing their country than the US

5 years top China will itch closer to Russia shyt... too much oil etc..

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus...:francis:... be unnecessarily cantankerous with a nook superpower brehs....talking to you Trump/Russia Collusion Fairy Tale Dust Heads.

Does it look like Putin is colluding with Don Cheeto if he is ordering diplomats out?...:snoop:

This is not the wave......

755 US diplomats must leave Russia: Putin
Are you' dumb or a troll ?? He hope trump would be able to be his bytch but congress didn't let him

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Are you' dumb or a troll ?? He hope trump would be able to be his bytch but congress didn't let him

Fr fr... I'm empathetic to you breh...it's not your fault the media spin has you gargling their seeds of deceptions.

Anyway....here is an interesting take...talks about the natural gas angle

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah I literally just saw that. Came back in the thread to make an asterisk. Well that's good :whew:...for what it's worth....but the fact 97 - 2 Senate voted to sanction Russia for interfering in election...with no proof, just to create the atmosphere and elongate the lie in the minds of my fellow gullible Americans. Damn this is some high level fukkboi shiit. Shout out to Rand Paul :salute: for staying strong as one of the 2 non-fukkbois.

Aren't they still "investigating" the collusion...so they basically saying Trump is guilty in some way without even getting all the facts and with Debbie Waasermam Schultz and Aman IT Bros story breaking ground Monday. No wonder the MsM avoided that story.... :scust:.

Unreal.

It's so difficult being right isn't it?

Why can't the entire U.S. national security establishment, the overwhelming majority of every federally elected government official (from both parties), including those specifically tasked with oversight of the nation's intelligence services who have access to the country's most top secret secrets, the security agencies of all of the US' allies, private sector and non governmental observers/analysts all see that they've been duped??? All they had to do is ask you! It's so simple!!!!

I can't imagine the burdens you must shoulder.