Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
The Hill
2 mins ·
President Trump is hosting family, celebrities and members of his Cabinet at his Mar-a-Lago estate for a New Year's Eve celebration, with guests including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, former New York Mets great Keith Hernandez and Trump's children.

Trump hosts family, celebrities and Cabinet members at Mar-a-Lago for New Year's Eve celebration
Trump and his son, Barron, both wore tuxedos to the event and first lady Melania Trump was dressed in a full length rose gold glittery gown.

THEHILL.COM

How is this allowed?

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Over the course of the year, I have often heard top foreign officials express their alarm in hair-raising terms rarely used in international diplomacy—let alone about the president of the United States. Seasoned diplomats who have seen Trump up close throw around words like “catastrophic,” “terrifying,” “incompetent” and “dangerous.” In Berlin this spring, I listened to a group of sober policy wonks debate whether Trump was merely a “laughingstock” or something more dangerous. Virtually all of those from whom I’ve heard this kind of ranting are leaders from close allies and partners of the United States. That experience is no anomaly. “If only I had a nickel for every time a foreign leader has asked me what the hell is going on in Washington this year … ” says Richard Haass, a Republican who served in senior roles for both Presidents Bush and is now president of the Council on Foreign Relations.
The European diplomat who was told to practice “strategic patience” did not find it all that useful in the several face-to-face meetings with Trump he ended up sitting in on. “We were struck by the absence of knowledge of the president,” he said. Another takeaway: Trump made commitments he then did not deliver on. “On some things, he accepted the argument, and we thought now it is resolved, only to find out later he uses the same phrases and arguments as he did before,” the diplomat said.