General Trump Administration F**kery Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They're the ones consciously fukking up our food supply and their b*stard relatives who vote these conservative shyts into office. I clearly care more about our food supply than the farmers who voted for this state affairs.

Of course I care about black farmers and farmers who are opposed to these tariffs and the agribusiness.

Who do you think keeps putting the people in power who push to expand the agribusiness and lobbying?

:patrice:

You apparently don't follow this issue very closely. Republicans and Democrats both create the Farm Bills that promote agribusiness. Democrats are taking big money from agricultural lobbyists too.

And the rest of your argument makes no sense. You don't like how they vote so you wish things to happen that mess up our food supply? You're letting your emotions and partisanship get in the way.

You haven't explained how Black farmers and non-Trump-supporting farmers are going to dodge your "fukk em" when they're the ones most vulnerable to the exact shyt that was being talked about. You haven't explained how "fukk em" magically gets healthy food to your kids.

I seriously think some of you care more about partisan politics than the real impacts of real world events, and this is a great test case for that.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
You don't have to "like" anyone. But being ambivalent towards the devastation of your own food supply is like not giving a fukk about the mental state of the doctors at the hospital where you and your family all get their treatment. You might not give a fukk about those doctors, but you want the quality of care to be good when you need them.

I've been getting ready a post on farming since last week - there are 45,000 Black farmers out there. They are far MORE vulnerable than the White farmers, anything that fukks farming up is going to be 10-fold more likely to fukk them up. Not to mention that there's plenty of farmers out there who don't support Trump or conservatives - treating them like a monolith is stupid. Organic farmers and conservation-minded farmers tend to be fairly liberal, even the old-school Wendell Berry style crunchy cons think Trump is a shythead.

And Monsanto and Roundup are NOT separate issues. Who do you think is working so hard to drive small farmers out of business? Who do you think snatches up that land when they go out of business? It all goes to agribusiness. Every loss of a family farm is a win for agribusiness, who are in cahoots with the seed, chemical, and petrol companies to turn farming into an industrial activity and completely fukk up our food supply and environment for the sake of corporate profits. The food that WE eat gets worse every time life gets harder for small farmers.

Farms get huge subsidies. I dont know what else we can do.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
President Trump Keeps Quoting a Misleading $91 Billion Figure for Puerto Rico Aid. Here Are the Facts

x.gif

http://time.com

Republican senators give Pence an earful on trade

Trump Trade Tweets Send Grain Markets Diving to 42-Year Low

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Farms get huge subsidies. I dont know what else we can do.

Wrong. AGRIBUSINESS gets huge subsidies. The vast majority of subsidies go to the wealthiest 10% of farmers, and nearly all of the subsidies go to a few select crops (wheat, corn, rice, sugar, soybeans, beef, and dairy). The large majority of farmers get nothing or close to nothing in actual subsidies. The median subsidy for a Black farmer, for instance, is $200.

In fact, giant subsidies to agribusiness make life even worse for the average family farmer, because those subsidies allow the megafarms to dumps their products at below cost and thus depress prices for everyone else.