General Trump Administration F**kery Thread

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@JuliaEAinsley
My big question is whether Judge Sullivan will agree to DOJ's motion. This is the same judge who in 2018 hinted he may sentence Flynn with jail time, more than the prosecution was calling for at the time. Sentencing was delayed to give Flynn time to consider further cooperation.
15:25 - 7 May 2020

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@axios
House Judiciary Chair Jerry Nadler tweets: "This is outrageous! Flynn PLEADED GUILTY to lying to investigators. ... The decision to overrule the special counsel is without precedent and warrants an immediate explanation." Justice Department drops prosecution of Michael Flynn
@axios
Trump reacts to the Justice Department dropping the Flynn case: "He was targeted by the Obama administration. ... I hope a lot of people are going to pay a big price. They're dishonest, crooked people. They’re scum." Justice Department drops prosecution of Michael Flynn

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@ddale8
Asked how much influence Fox has over his pandemic thinking, Trump says "no different than anybody else." He says he also watches others and reads "a lot of newspapers."

"I think I'm very well-versed -- when it comes to not only the pandemic but everything," he says.
15:52 - 7 May 2020

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
at4Sp0d onsuucosrmeudnins ·
JUST IN: The Senate Rules Committee has just voted to advance President Trump’s nominee to serve as a member of the Federal Election Commission (FEC), with Democrats worried the move will give the FEC a Republican edge as the traditionally balanced panel now has more Republican members than Democrats.

Democrats also question the ethics of Trump's pick, with Sen. Amy Klobuchar saying he, "based on his record, doesn’t believe in campaign finance law."

The FEC currently has one Republican, one Democrat and one independent, with two vacancies.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Key Senate panel advances Trump FEC nominee in party-line vote, Democrats voice concerns
The FEC currently has one Republican, one Democrat and one independent, with two vacancies.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@NatashaBertrand
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1258496813625159681

Just in--Statement from Andrew McCabe on DOJ and Flynn: "The Department's position that the FBI had no reason to interview Mr. Flynn pursuant to its counterintelligence investigation is patently false, and ignores the considerable national security risk his contacts raised."

EXcUJbLWAAIBq4C

16:39 - 7 May 2020

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Tim Shea is the new US Attorney in DC, these are his moves. Grack heads the FARA unit in DC too.

It really doesn't matter that much, Flynn was going to walk when the case went off the rails back in 2018. The maximum sentence was 6 months in custody.

The Justice Department brass always resented the FBI's arrest of Flynn, from what I understand, this is them setting the record straight. Flynn was/is guilty of lying to the FBI, but it was always a light case, and too mired in the special counsel drama, media frenzy.