General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Woke up and saw I got my November vest in my bank account, and layoff notice in my personal e-mail. :unimpressed:

Imagine the workload for the remaining Twitter staff. :dead:
Right, which is why I'm glad I'm not there anymore. The only reason to stay was so I could use my current salary as a negotiating tactic for my next job.

I had 3 phone screens yesterday, a few today. I'm dreading making a post on LinkedIn, but my role is so niche I might have to do it and get my name out there for folks who aren't in my network.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Welcome to the real world, techbros. No more tiktoks about how little you work for such great pay. They also rarely hire black men/engineers. Recessionary environment means people get laid off. For the ones who are still employed, you better stop screwing around and earn your bread by being productive. Elon is a massive dikkhead, but the Twitter shareholders willingly sold the company to him. They didn't give a shyt about the employees either.

All of these companies are coming for the Human Resource sector next. Just watch.
How you gonna fire the people who do the firing :sas2:

fukking with HR and nobody gets paid and the record that everyone completed sexual harassment training this year will disappear.
:sas1:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Woke up and saw I got my November vest in my bank account, and layoff notice in my personal e-mail. :unimpressed:

Right, which is why I'm glad I'm not there anymore. The only reason to stay was so I could use my current salary as a negotiating tactic for my next job.

I had 3 phone screens yesterday, a few today. I'm dreading making a post on LinkedIn, but my role is so niche I might have to do it and get my name out there for folks who aren't in my network.
Best of luck breh :salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Is pretty much everyone who’s remote beyond commuting distance laid off or do you think RTO is a tactic to get another x% to quit (all those who don’t live in the Bay Area) so there’s no severance

Last edited:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps

I heard the ML Ethics, Transparency & accountability team was fully let go

:huhldup:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
How you gonna fire the people who do the firing :sas2:

fukking with HR and nobody gets paid and the record that everyone completed sexual harassment training this year will disappear.
:sas1:

You work them to death to finalize the layoffs and do all the difficult shyt, then you lay them off the next cycle.

Is pretty much everyone who’s remote beyond commuting distance laid off or do you think RTO is a tactic to get another x% to quit (all those who don’t line in the Bay Area) so there’s no severance

RTO is a tactic to get another few folks to quit without paying severance. The folks that stayed to work leading up to his acquisition are getting punished in a way.

Can't blame them for staying, Twitter was an amazing place to work at and paid really well. But that's dead now, time to move on. Knowing this was the outcome, I'd do it all again.