General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
How you think Elon got the money to buy Twitter? He ain’t have the liquidity to purchase it on his own

Yeah but you would expect that Saudi was expecting two things.
  1. Suppress Journalism
  2. Profit from it
The last thing they want, since it's a private company... to start paying for any and all fines Twitter is receiving since no one is buying into Twitter Blue.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but you would expect that Saudi was expecting two things.
  1. Suppress Journalism
  2. Profit from it
The last thing they want, since it's a private company... to start paying for any and all fines Twitter is receiving since no one is buying into Twitter Blue.
Why are you making an assumption that a country flush with money, looking to gain political influence, cares about profit?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Why are you making an assumption that a country flush with money, looking to gain political influence, cares about profit?

Because Elon prior to Twitter being bought was seen as a 'Smart Man', a man you can trust to do business with and get money on a investment. You got to remember as well now, even if Twitter goes down there are other sites out there that won't be following the Twitter model.

Sure Twitter will go away, but that's really the only platform out there that they can control.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be a billionaire dufus brehs

Elon Musk's Dad Says His Son's Whole Career Was Funded by That Emerald Mine

Elon Musk's Dad Says His Son's Whole Career Was Funded by That Emerald Mine​

You know that supposed Musk family-owned emerald mine that Elon has recently been saying is just a rumor, despite previously saying on record that the mine definitely existed?

"I will pay a million Dogecoin for proof of this mine's existence!" Musk tweeted earlier this month, similarly complaining back in January that "the fake emerald mine thing is so annoying (sigh)."
Well, according to Errol Musk, the unsurprisingly eccentric — and in one major way, extremely creepy — father of Elon, the mine definitely exists. And come to think of it, he'll take that Dogecoin, thanks!

"When I read that, I wondered, 'Can I enter, because I can prove it existed," Errol told The Sun in a new interview, referring to his son's Dogecoin tweet. "Elon knows it's true. All the kids know about it."

"Elon saw them (the emeralds) at our house," he added. "He knew I was selling them."

The emerald mine is a particularly strange piece of Muskian lore — not strange due to the mine's existence per se, but because of Elon's more recent decision to suddenly and completely backtrack on his previous claims.

Per his new Sun interview, however, Errol seems intent on setting the record straight, explaining to the tabloid that he happened upon the Italian owner of the mine at a Zambian airstrip that said Italian also owned. The Italian apparently told Errol that he paid Zambian locals to dig for the gems, and Errol decided to go into business with the gentleman (you know, as one does.)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
yX3okpM.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps
WeahTIe.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The login prompt for Twitter Search has returned just months after Elon Musk wanted it gone

The login prompt for Twitter Search has returned just months after Elon Musk wanted it gone

Paul Hill · Apr 22, 2023 01:24 EDT5

A 3D Twitter logo

It seems as though the search feature on Twitter has been disabled again for people without an account. There were several news stories last year explaining that George Hotz (GeoHot), the famous iPhone hacker, had become a Twitter intern. One of his tasks was to remove the login prompt when using Twitter Search.

He, or someone else at the company, did remove the login prompt successfully and it has been possible to search Twitter without logging in, that is, until now. If you go to Twitter now without logging in, you’ll be taken to the Explore feed and there will not be a search box at all. If you press on a tweet, the search option does show up but trying to search with it brings up a login prompt.

In addition, while you’re on the Explore feed, you should see a hashtag icon on the left side next to the word ‘Explore’ but if you resize the browser window on the desktop, this changes back to a search icon for some reason, perhaps it's a remnant.

The fact that search is no longer usable for those not signed in is pretty interesting. CEO Elon Musk has been actively trying to get people to become Twitter subscribers. He has even removed the legacy blue checkmark from famous people’s accounts in recent days. Search could have been switched off to entice users onto the platform, including those who left due to the controversy after Musk took over