General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:blessed: Twitter is now trending to break even. :mjgrin: Just like landing on Mars this year, the HyperLoop, the Cybertruck, Etc.

Key Points
  • Elon Musk tweeted Sunday that the last few months have been “extremely tough,” but that Twitter is “now trending to breakeven.”
  • Musk, who is also CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, said in a tweet that he has had to “save Twitter from bankruptcy” while also fulfilling his roles at his other companies.
  • Since acquiring the company for $44 billion late last year, Musk has carried out a rocky takeover of the social media platform.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
"Trending" to breakeven :mjlol: . Elon wants us to believe he reversed Twitter's financial course by laying off a lot of people, most of whom were critical to keeping the lights on long-term.

Good old corporate double speak, while the company in question doesn't sell a single product or service.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Can we get an alternative that everyone hops on already? :dahell: I know Mastodon has been the go-to place but that shyt is still barren compared to Twitter.

We need a TheColi type solution to the SOHH/Twitter problem :lolbron:

twitter is feature rich, so it's going to take some time for competitors to reach parity. I've found a lot of interesting content on mastodon. it's more like the early days of digg and reddit in terms of political and technological/scientific discourse.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Trending" to breakeven :mjlol: . Elon wants us to believe he reversed Twitter's financial course by laying off a lot of people, most of whom were critical to keeping the lights on long-term.

Good old corporate double speak, while the company in question doesn't sell a single product or service.
does that include the 15 bil in debt?

:picard:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

After Mr. Musk took the reins in late October, Twitter largely eliminated or lost staff experienced with the problem and failed to prevent the spread of abusive images previously identified by the authorities, the review shows. Twitter also stopped paying for some detection software considered key to its efforts.
c6xKhks.png

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjlol: Excuses Excuses. Dude carried a sink into Twitter HQ, and Musk has been tweeting non-stop... what work?

The Journal report noted that Musk has a history of working long hours, and even sleeping on a Tesla TSLA, +2.52% factory floor — leading Arianna Huffington to once write him an open letter begging him to get more rest, because “people are not machines.” (He tweeted back at her at around 2:30 a.m., countering that working less is “not an option” for his businesses to succeed.)

But the past few months have been especially grueling, as Musk revealed while testifying in federal court in San Francisco about his 2018 “funding secured” tweet and other posts where he claimed to have already secured funding to take Tesla private. (A jury found him not liable this past Friday.) At one point during this Tesla trial, he told a lawyer, “I had trouble sleeping last night, so unfortunately, I’m not at my best.”

He later added, “I’m sorry for squirming around. I have quite severe back pain.”

This back pain stems from him reportedly squaring off against a sumo wrestler during a birthday party years ago
, when Musk says that he managed to actually throw his 350-pound opponent at the cost of “8 years of mega back pain.”

But he also told investor Ron Baron at a conference last November that, since taking ownership of Twitter, his workload has ballooned from around 80 hours a week to more than 120 hours. “I go to sleep, I wake up, I work, go to sleep, wake up, work — do that seven days a week,” he said. “I’ll have to do that for a while — no choice — but I think once Twitter is set on the right path I think it is a much easier thing to manage than SpaceX or Tesla.”

Musk elaborated in his tweets over the weekend that while Twitter is not financially healthy yet, he’s optimistic that “it’s trending to be,” although there’s “lots of work still needed to get there.”

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Excuses Excuses. Dude carried a sink into Twitter HQ, and Musk has been tweeting non-stop... what work?

Some may call it cruel, but it brings me great joy to hear that this Boer works longer hours than South African miners. :heh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Huh?

They sell very valuable ad space and data