Gen Z feel uncomfortable about thumbs up emoji because it’s ‘passive aggressive’

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I can believe it as I’ve used that emoji in an passive aggressive way many times before

👍🏽👌🏽is what I mainly use to be petty.

Lol

In the 90s and early 2000s, that shyt was pretty damn close to giving someone the finger. I can see it and I'm kind of surprised it's still being used like that

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah they’re spot on with this one. But I don’t think they came up with it either

We all text. We all deal with women. Just thru the natural progression of texting for 10+ years everyone knows (or should know) a thumbs up—-unless it’s to confirm an arrangement—-typically denotes passive aggression or indifference

A thumbs up text from your girl is akin to ‘it’s fine’ which we know is passive aggressive. Or if you dealin with a new chick if she thumbs up your shyt you not that guy. Thumbs up vs heart. Handshake vs hug. She handshaked you. You not that guy
Do you smash hoes? All

Nobody that smash hoes act give af bout this bruh

I done smashed X amount of chicks that was on that ‘bro, bro’ talk.

Sauce is sauce

Only young kids on this overthinking, social etiquette shyt

I say this as a guy who thumbs up and handshakes 304s

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I use it both ways…that’s the beauty of it. Can’t tell if I’m truly “cool/yea/I got it/ok/will do” or “okay fukkboi…whatever/here’s a reply stfu and stop messaging me”

concise

Veteran
Daps
chuck-norris-approved.gif