Gen Z feel uncomfortable about thumbs up emoji because it’s ‘passive aggressive’

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Do you think they can cancel it?

Young people have been urging everyone to stop using the ‘thumbs up’ emoji as because it’s too “passive aggressive”.

A Reddit user took to the platform to ask fellow millennials and Gen Zs were also getting wound up by the ‘thumbs up’ emoji.

They wrote: “I started an ‘adult’ job where we use Microsoft Teams to connect with each other for work.
“Currently, there only a few emojis you can use to react to a message (unless of course, you respond, and can use any emoji). Most people at work use the ‘thumbs up’ reaction all the time.
“I don’t use it much. I either ‘heart’ reactions or reply even if it’s a short ‘Great!’ or ‘Thanks!’ (I also feel like I use too many exclamation marks, but that’s a different story).

“Anyway, I think it’s normal for to ‘thumbs up’ messages, but I still feel like it’s such an unsettling response. Does anyone else feel this way?”
And they were meant with a deluge of replies – some in agreement, others not so much.

One person commented: “If you feel comfortable using a heart emoji, I am so confused by why you hesitate using the thumbs up. I used the thumbs up (in my mind ‘I agree” or ‘ok’) way before I used the heart (‘love it’ or ‘feeling the feels’). But that’s just me.”

“Anyway, I think it’s normal for to ‘thumbs up’ messages, but I still feel like it’s such an unsettling response. Does anyone else feel this way?”
And they were meant with a deluge of replies – some in agreement, others not so much.

One person commented: “If you feel comfortable using a heart emoji, I am so confused by why you hesitate using the thumbs up. I used the thumbs up (in my mind ‘I agree” or ‘ok’) way before I used the heart (‘love it’ or ‘feeling the feels’). But that’s just me.”

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Personally, I hate that emoji. My Wife uses it at times. Most of the time it’s a HUA (heard, understood, and acknowledged), but some times it’s an okay.

:comeon:
I read it or “receive” it as “okay nikka”. I.E. passive aggressive. I’ve never sent her a thumbs up in our 9 year relationship. I just started using emoji’s 2 years ago.
:gucci:
Our social etiquette is down anyway so I don’t really hold people to standard. These new kids don’t look you in the eye anymore.
:flabbynsick:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Personally, I hate that emoji. My Wife uses it at times. Most of the time it’s a HUA (heard, understood, and acknowledged), but some times it’s an okay.

:comeon:
I read it or “receive” it as “okay nikka”. I.E. passive aggressive. I’ve never sent her a thumbs up in our 9 year relationship. I just started using emoji’s 2 years ago.
:gucci:
Our social etiquette is down anyway so I don’t really hold people to standard. These new kids don’t look you in the eye anymore.
:flabbynsick:
depends what they say to you.

but in general, these mufukkaz don't have shyt else to worry about. :what:

and you wonder adults nowadays think kids are so p*ssy.