"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Having a hard time with the blood powers.

Like. She threw enough in one little training sesh that she should be dead.
What about the cac with the power to set himself on fire, killing himself by setting himself on fire?

Or how that cricket chick can shrink herself and objects by throwing up?

Don't over think this breh.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What about the cac with the power to set himself on fire, killing himself by setting himself on fire?

When you eat food you don't like or see an ugly outfit: is that overthinking?

The power is stupid to me and it made me turn the show off. I didn't do any amount of thinking.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're White, so they get passes. Obviously lol. Guy had a long dikk as a power in THE Boys but blood bending is a step too far lol

On a serious note, it is interesting most of these powers so far deal with self harm.

Daps
I got some theories:

It feels like they're building Marie up to become a supervillain. It just makes sense with her character development so far. Would be really dope if they went that route, and it seems like there's a lot of foreshadowing. She's sympathetic, being fukked over by the corporate/Hollywood bullshyt that comes with being a supe, and she's already disillusioned with how things work behind the scenes. They could build her up for a couple seasons in this show, and then have her make a full heel turn and become the villain in the main The Boys show afterwards.

Also, I'm sure everyone feels this way, but Goldenboy's girlfriend is sketchy as hell. I feel like she has something to do with the woods/GB's brother being locked up.

i can see it with Marie ... her powers, "bloody marie", etc all screams villain

i could also see her double down on her hero identity, and the twist is her sister ends up a villain who hates supes

and i thought the same about Luke's girl at first too cuz she was acting hella suspect, but now im thinking it could just be her being very socially awkward/off because of her powers, her describing her hook up with Dre as "the intercourse situation" was mad doofy lol

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i can see it with Marie ... her powers, "bloody marie", etc all screams villain

i could also see her double down on her hero identity, and the twist is her sister ends up a villain who hates supes

and i thought the same about Luke's girl at first too cuz she was acting hella suspect, but now im thinking it could just be her being very socially awkward/off because of her powers, her describing her hook up with Dre as "the intercourse situation" was mad doofy lol
100% thought this

Daps