Gears 5 is outdated trash

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

This is just real sad. Gears 5 definitely not the same game we used to play. I know developers already don't get paid enough making bigger and better games, but it really shows how much is put into it vs rushing it out for release.

We really judging ragdoll physics now?

giphy.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is just real sad. Gears 5 definitely not the same game we used to play. I know developers already don't get paid enough making bigger and better games, but it really shows how much is put into it vs rushing it out for release.

Nitpicking at it's finest. of course a game will seem more "bRutAl" and intense when the game is at 30fps and there's heavy screen shake effects. The game is running at 60fps on the X1X at 4K(dynamic) and on PC I can run it up to 100~fps at 1440P which makes it look/feel WAY smoother plays better than Gears 1~3 ever did.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:stopitslime:I’m only on the second or third level and they already introduced a new lancer rifle with a grenade launcher. A quick google search shows they have at least 5 new weapons in the game.

Coli nikkas are some of the most uninformed, non video game playing people around :mjlol:

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Waiting for a discount around December
Try the $2 dollar deal for game pass, that's how I'm playing.

I disagree OP, I have been having fun with it. I really like the new Escape Mode, reallllly wish they would bring back Beast mode as soooo many other people have requested.

Horde Mode is still loads of fun as well, hate the classification system but I get they are trying to do the replay-ability thing. The micro-transactions and card building bullshyt sucks but its the current state of games unfortunately.

The game itself is good, I don't know how drastic of a change to the mechanics you would want, without Gears risking losing the identity of the game. Even years after its first release the mechanics are not like any other game. Which is why they dont want to change it

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:stopitslime:I’m only on the second or third level and they already introduced a new lancer rifle with a grenade launcher. A quick google search shows they have at least 5 new weapons in the game.

And the new enemies as well! Happy we are getting to focus fights on more horde/locust then them damn boring ass robots from Gears 4. The heart of the conflict is VS the locust. The robots made Gears 4 narrative weaker and a lot less interesting then previous Gears IMO. :francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hate the 3rd person to 1st person shooter mechanic. It throws me off. I play 3rd person with default controls but I play 1st person with Legacy controls. So fukking stupid. Just pick one.:rdjeyeroll:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Can you switch shoulders while aiming/shooting in Gears 5?
Nope...I appreciate them simplifying the chainsaw mechanic but the lack of shoulder switching is inexcusable. It doesn’t break the game, but it’s a huge disappointment. I also wish they moved more away from the “tank controls” at this point. Moving from left to right or from going forward to running back doesn’t feel the way it should for controlling a person. I’m fine with it because I just chalk it up to that being the way gears games are but honestly, it’s something they should have improved a long time ago.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Me and my mate downloaded it for the co op, he fukks with it but the mechanics feel outdated compared to what’s around nowadays...I know that’s what’s supposed to make it unique in its own right but it’s just Wack. no new guns and no innovative ideas (for what I’ve played of campaign and multiplayer) just a few cool skins
there's literally like 5 new guns....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Me and my mate downloaded it for the co op, he fukks with it but the mechanics feel outdated compared to what’s around nowadays...I know that’s what’s supposed to make it unique in its own right but it’s just Wack. no new guns and no innovative ideas (for what I’ve played of campaign and multiplayer) just a few cool skins
You must have played for 10 minutes because there's multiple new weapons in the first act.

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Damn I still remember going HARD on the first Gears. I think I fell off completely from the series after Gears 2. :francis: