Gaming is one expensive ass habit...

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Gaming has a pricey cover fee ($300-500 console or $1-3K PC), but once you're in the door, drinks are cheap if you do it right. Assassin's Creed Valhalla, $60 at release one month ago, is $35 on Amazon right now. Every online membership comes with a ton of free games. Constant sales. I would argue this hobby is the CHEAPEST it's ever been, especially buying in volume.

Now that being said, if you're addictive personality, and the type of guy to buy a bunch of Warzone/Fornite skins and shyt..:manny:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Not that expensive if you game a lot and catch deals considering how many years you get out of a system and hours played in games

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Outside of Nintendo first-party games, you will always find deals eventually. Hell Persona 5 R and FF VII R have been around for half a year and I was able to get both for $30 each. Also just because a game came out interests you that doesn't mean you have to buy it right away. Look at AC Valhalla it was released a month ago and right now it is on sale for $35.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bought a series X, S and a new TV this Christmas.

not trying to flex, but honestly it wasn’t too much considering I and the fam will enjoy the money spent for at least the next 8 years. :manny:
Why buy the same system twice? I would have got a digital PS5 and the Series X minimum. Can’t see a reason to double up on systems.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
last gen tho I think I spent upwards to $10k on gaming...it started off with just a regular XB1 and a PS4...then I bought a new sound system and a 1080 projector...when they dropped I upgraded to a X1X and then a PS4 pro...but 2 of each this time...bought a new a 4K TV...upgraded the sound system downstairs and got a 4K projector...then the 500M ed. PS4 pro dropped and copped 2 of those...also copped 2 X1X scorpio editions...also forgot I bought an OG switch as well...and then there are the games...I think I’ll stop now smh...oh I can’t forget I bought 2 new entertainment units and then another 4K TV as well...gaming can be very expensive

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why buy the same system twice? I would have got a digital PS5 and the Series X minimum. Can’t see a reason to double up on systems.

different rooms...I actually tripled up at one point...3 PS4 pros and 3 X1Xs...one of each in the bedroom...one of each in the gaming room and one of each in the living room...I’d game in the living room at night since I used a projector down there...would play in the gaming room during the day on the TV...and sometimes in the middle of the night if I was in bed but couldn’t fall asleep, I’d just get up and game right there in the bedroom...also if ppl have kids and shyt then they might have different gaming areas too