gaming is in a weird place

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You are talking out of both sides of your head here.

On one side you say “how new can a platformerget” then you try to claim the Mario games are profoundly different :beli:

In a game like gears new weapons, enemies and combat options change how you play the game. Not to mention new modes like hoard(a mode that gears pioneered and many games followed even the “original fresh and new Nintendo game” splatoon:mjlol:) and other multiplayer modes and maps.
I think that you actually believe what you're saying. That Gears adding a new weapon and enemy is equivalent to Mario changing the entire way you interact with most things in the game.

I don't even know why I bother with you. All your opinions can be unravelled to being pro-Microsoft and criticize everyone else and you straight say the most irrational things to defend and promote them. It feels like a liberal arguing on Fox News talking to you. You know the network's agenda even as they try to pretend to be fair and balanced and everyone watching knows it too.

I'm not going to entertain the idea that the changes in Gears of War are as profound or drastic as the changes between Mario games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think that you actually believe what you're saying. That Gears adding a new weapon and enemy is equivalent to Mario changing the entire way you interact with most things in the game.
In a game based on combat, weapons is how you “interact” new ways to interact means totally new strategies and challenges.

It’s no different than Mario adding hats or a water gun.

I don't even know why I bother with you. All your opinions can be unravelled to being pro-Microsoft and criticize everyone else and you straight say the most irrational things to defend and promote them. It feels like a liberal arguing on Fox News talking to you. You know the network's agenda even as they try to pretend to be fair and balanced and everyone watching knows it too.

I'm not going to entertain the idea that the changes in Gears of War are as profound or drastic as the changes between Mario games.
Who said anything about pro Microsoft. You brought up gears so I answered your question.

It’s like you are retarded or something:mjlol:

Gears pioneered an entire genre of game, and then improved on that and created a game mode that has been adopted across genres. We literally still call it “Hoard mode” in other games.:martin:

Now I know how important Mario is to gaming, you’re just in here pretending Nintendo is the only ones to do it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The center of gaming is on the NINTENDO SWITCH. No one cares about the overbloated glitch fests that are supposed to be modern gaming.

Thank God for Nintendo for saving gaming.

You really claiming switch in 2018 is the pinnacle of gaming?

You reaching with those 3D Mario games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gaming has finally caught up to movies in a sort of way.

There was a time when your big summer block buster movies offered you an experience that you couldn't get any other time of the year really.

Then all of a sudden everyone started dropping "summer block busters" and then it started happening throughout the year. Until it's a point now where every movie that drops uses the same, sound effects, tracks, lighting, shots, angles, plot and CGI and type of action.

With a handful being good and even less being really good.

Gaming is in the same boat, triple A titles are only as good as they can franchise them out to be. Gone are the days when you'll just get a triple A game that's suppose to be a single gaming experience. The only company I can think of that might do that is cd projekt red with cyber punk.

But even that might be planned as multiple games.

The mobile market opened up a whole new world to the gaming industry that is crazy lucrative. Loot boxes, log in bonus, pay to win or unlock stuff is just to much free money to leave out and in solo games part of the fun was getting or unlocking that yourself and if you talk to anyone that had an item or gear you know it was because they struggled through whatever was required to get it.

To add to all this gamers are mad stuck up and whiny now. Extra sensitive and and demanding....

So outside of just making a Triple A game that a dev want's they have to worry about sells, the publisher and the fans.

It's why you see so many indie games pop up do well, get published and then becomes franchised.

You aren't really allow to experiment with triple A games anymore.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gone are the days when you'll just get a triple A game that's suppose to be a single gaming experience. The only company I can think of that might do that is cd projekt red with cyber punk.

But even that might be planned as multiple games.
Games are different from movies though. With game sequels, the gameplay and other elements can be improved.

Even when games are without sequels, the developers often learn and improve gameplay systems\techniques in their next game. A good example of this is Quantic Dream's games. I don't think they've made any sequels, but they keep refining the same style of game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm cracking up.

This nikka @MeachTheMonster said that games like Mario 64 to Sunshine or OOT to BOTW etc are the same but a new weapon or mode in Gears makes it radically different.

:laff:

WHY do you guys engage him? :laff:

I bet you fORZ HORZION 4 iS RADICALLY different than 3 meanwhile God of War 3 to God of War PS4 is the same shyt :mjlol:

QUICK

Someone tell me which Gears games these are:
8T3FhbU.gif

HighAbleAurochs-size_restricted.gif

PhysicalIncompleteCockerspaniel-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif

source.gif

Which one is which?

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm cracking up.

This nikka @MeachTheMonster said that games like Mario 64 to Sunshine or OOT to BOTW etc are the same but a new weapon or mode in Gears makes it radically different.

I bet you fORZ HORZION 4 iS RADICALLY different than 3 meanwhile God of War 3 to God of War PS4 is the same shyt :mjlol:

QUICK

8T3FhbU.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Which one is which?
Gears pioneered cover based over the shoulder shooters.
:gucci:

nah, actually winback was the first cover based shooter.
:mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm cracking up.

QUICK

8T3FhbU.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Which one is which?
Be a disgusting Stan brehs :scust:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Fallout 76 is fun AF breh. My first night in me an some homies came across a junkyard, set up shop and started extracting cement for our new crib...robots attacked we stopped em...then some random breh in power armor came along and helped us defend against some dogs... then a Scorchbeast came around and fukked our whole shyt up...it was fun AF...in that old school MMO way where shyt took time and half the fun was grouping up and GETTING there.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm cracking up.

QUICK

8T3FhbU.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Which one is which?

Gears pioneered cover based over the shoulder shooters.
:gucci:

nah, actually winback was the first cover based shooter.
:mjgrin:

Wrong. Resident Evil 4 was the one that popped the over the shoulder cam off...it came out an entire year before Gears. Also Winback borrowed its cover system from Metal Gear.