1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
*walks into gamestop to buy a game

Cashier: “hi, are you a member of a gamestop rewards program?”

Me: “naw iim just trying to buy this game”

Cashier: “oh, no problem! Can i have your phone number? Ok you still live at this address i see…”

Cashier: “ would you like a warranty with that game, you get 60 days to return it”

Me: “naw i think im good, honestly”

Cashier: “well ok! Would you like to preorder a game, we got the new zelda coming out?”

Me: “naw I think I just kind of want this game…”

Cashier: “ok, can we tell you about our new store card? You can save 15% on used game purchases”

:dead:

*goes home and clicks download :blessed:
I remember buying Dark Souls 4 and they added insurance without telling me. I returned that shyt with the quickness.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

I seen the writing on the wall when I called a Gamestop rep about selling my Switch and the dude was damn near about to suck my dikk, begging me to come in and trade my shyt :picard:
:picard::picard::picard::dame:

giphy.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I think this is a bit overblown as of present day. They will never again be what they once were but they have transitioned better than most brick and mortar stores. Circuit City, Sears, Carson Pirie Scott. A lot of these companies were better situationed than Gamestop is in their heyday. The death knell for Gamestop is obviously when consoles go digital only. Right now, they still have some life left.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Cashier: “oh, no problem! Can i have your phone number? Ok you still live at this address i see…”

Cashier: “ would you like a warranty with that game, you get 60 days to return it”

Cashier: “well ok! Would you like to preorder a game, we got the new zelda coming out?”

Cashier: “ok, can we tell you about our new store card? You can save 15% on used game purchases”

Had this exact interaction the other day :scusthov:

Im like breh you should be happy Im even in here buying something on a whim. Stfu and give me the shyt I asked for :dahell:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

case in point I wanted to make a quick return today (thank god the store was empty) and dude kept asking if I was a rewards member…I mentioned a couple times I checked out the item as a guest so that is irrelevant but he kept asking so I just gave him my number to check and ended up reupping on my membership:pachaha:

I have some shyt I wanna trade in so I’ll get the money back easily anyway lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
case in point I wanted to make a quick return today (thank god the store was empty) and dude kept asking if I was a rewards member…I mentioned a couple times I checked out the item as a guest so that is irrelevant but he kept asking so I just gave him my number to check and ended up reupping on my membership:pachaha:

I have some shyt I wanna trade in so I’ll get the money back easily anyway lol

I mean, I’ve worked retail before so i know what its like to have the dragon breathing down your neck about hitting your quota’s but what worked in 2007 ain’t gonna work in 2023. We already got our consoles selling us subscriptions, DLC, Preorders, etc.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
almost yelled at this retarded cac…came in to trade some items and made it perfectly clearly that I wanted to put it toward one item with the rest being put on a gift card…this muthafukka kept trying to “suggest” and “insist” I buy other shyt…on the third attempt at an upsell, I just said “nikka no—I told you exactly what I wanted 3x”…I was exasperated but still tried not to yell…these dudes are sickening lol smh

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
almost yelled at this retarded cac…came in to trade some items and made it perfectly clearly that I wanted to put it toward one item with the rest being put on a gift card…this muthafukka kept trying to “suggest” and “insist” I buy other shyt…on the third attempt at an upsell, I just said “nikka no—I told you exactly what I wanted 3x”…I was exasperated but still tried not to yell…these dudes are sickening lol smh

TBF they try to make quota, or it's their ass. When I worked at Best Buy, I had to hear BP's and TTS, and it drove me fukking bonkers. Nevermind the fact that I couldn't help folks find a laptop for a budget, everything had to be astroturf or meeting quota. shyt was maddening.

So trust, as a former retail marsupial, I understand how annoying that shyt is, and if it were me I would have got your order done and kept it moving. Better one No and have a peace of mind, versus three hell no's and a stressful situation.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
All the stonks go 2 the moon dummies kept this shytpile alive and let corporate execs fill their pockets for a few years longer than it should have lasted.

GameStop is robbery

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TBF they try to make quota, or it's their ass. When I worked at Best Buy, I had to hear BP's and TTS, and it drove me fukking bonkers. Nevermind the fact that I couldn't help folks find a laptop for a budget, everything had to be astroturf or meeting quota. shyt was maddening.

So trust, as a former retail marsupial, I understand how annoying that shyt is, and if it were me I would have got your order done and kept it moving. Better one No and have a peace of mind, versus three hell no's and a stressful situation.

it was about to be his ass regardless. :birdman: