Gamestop Starts Next Gen Layoffs

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I was supposed to return something today and just noticed they now open at fukking 12PM…idk how long it’s been like this but I remember they used to open a lot earlier than that
Yeah been like that for awhile. Use to open at 9-10am then close at 9-10pm.

now it's 12pm to 7pm

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"It was dead pre-Christmas, picked up during the holidays and then immediately died again after New Years," she said. "It even had its dead moments during the holidays too, which was odd. I mean, for Black Friday we opened at 5, [and] I got there at 3 to make sure everything was set up and ready – no customers showed up until after 8 AM."

:mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, why would anyone go to gamestop on black Friday knowing they odn’t have consoles

Especially when other retailers have the same games on sale for the same price or less. I'd much rather deal with either waiting for Amazon to ship me my shyt, waiting on a game to download from PSN/Xbox Network, or picking up from Best Buy than to ever step foot in a GameStop.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean, why would anyone go to gamestop on black Friday knowing they odn’t have consoles

Why go into GameStop for anything?

All these moves they are making is for a business going through the motions until they file bankruptcy. They got lucky with the Reddit shyt. I looked at their financial statements and they had an increase of over a billion to their APIC year over year…they go and invest that shyt in NFTs :laff:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why go into GameStop for anything?

All these moves they are making is for a business going through the motions until they file bankruptcy. They got lucky with the Reddit shyt. I looked at their financial statements and they had an increase of over a billion to their APIC year over year…they go and invest that shyt in NFTs :laff:

That whole NFT run was like a desperate attempt at some of these failing gaming businesses to rebound with made up bs

They tried to horse armor their way back into profitability

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
There was a time where there were literally 3 gamestops within walking distance from my apartment, these shyts popped up like Starbucks
Breh there was a GameStop across from my old high school. Kids used to go in there and window shop. I hated that GameStop because they had more movies than fukking games:dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
*walks into gamestop to buy a game

Cashier: “hi, are you a member of a gamestop rewards program?”

Me: “naw iim just trying to buy this game”

Cashier: “oh, no problem! Can i have your phone number? Ok you still live at this address i see…”

Cashier: “ would you like a warranty with that game, you get 60 days to return it”

Me: “naw i think im good, honestly”

Cashier: “well ok! Would you like to preorder a game, we got the new zelda coming out?”

Me: “naw I think I just kind of want this game…”

Cashier: “ok, can we tell you about our new store card? You can save 15% on used game purchases”

:dead:

*goes home and clicks download :blessed: