GameStop reveals its top ten game pre-orders following E3 2021

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Following all of the news and announcements made during E3 2021 last week, GameStop has revealed the top ten (well, technically eleven) games that generated the most customer pre-orders.

Source: GameStop PR

Below are the full results:

1. Metroid Dread: Coming 10/8/21
2. Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD: Coming 7/16/21
3. Mario Golf Switch: Coming 6/25/21
4. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shiny Pearl: Coming 11/19/21
5. Mario Party Superstars: Coming 10/29
6. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Coming 10/26
7. Far Cry 6: Coming 10/7/21
8. Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance: Coming 6/22/21
9. Madden NFL 22: Coming 8/20/21
10. Pokémon Legends: Arceus: Coming 1/28/22
11. Halo Infinite: Release date TBD ****Honorable mention

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don’t really understand the desire to preorder.

Unless you’re ordering a special edition, the shyt isn’t gonna be sold out. And even if it is sold out, you can just buy digital.

Pre orders were a big deal before digital got big. I'll never forget waiting in line to get GTA5 when it came out and everyone was talking about the firstthing they were ginna do in game and I said 'I'm shooting all the laws on sight.' Everybody started laughing talking shyt about the laws, and this police officer had to go sit in the car after that cause we was shytting on the laws in the line. :russ:

That was at the Gamestop which was the last Funcoland in Dallas. Damn I'm getting old bruh. :flabbynsick:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

Unless you’re ordering a special edition, the shyt isn’t gonna be sold out. And even if it is sold out, you can just buy digital.
You usually get some in game bonus for preordering.

I never understood preordering so far out though. Unless it's a new console.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
glad to see Metroid at the top
hopefully it makes a lot
Arceaus being lower than shining diamond is not surprising but I hope more people support it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pre orders were a big deal before digital got big. I'll never forget waiting in line to get GTA5 when it came out and everyone was talking about the firstthing they were ginna do in game and I said 'I'm shooting all the laws on sight.' Everybody started laughing talking shyt about the laws, and this police officer had to go sit in the car after that cause we was shytting on the laws in the line. :russ:

That was at the Gamestop which was the last Funcoland in Dallas. Damn I'm getting old bruh. :flabbynsick:

I remember not being able to get GTA 4 for like a week because i didn’t preorder in time:mjcry:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

This perspective can only come because I understand my level of privilege but I preorder months in advance. I take my discretionary funds and just put it in gamestop because honestly, its what I've always done so it is an ingrained habit. Since I like my physicals, it just works. I don't sweat the money that's there because it's spent on games now or later. It just is what it is.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
This perspective can only come because I understand my level of privilege but I preorder months in advance. I take my discretionary funds and just put it in gamestop because honestly, its what I've always done so it is an ingrained habit. Since I like my physicals, it just works. I don't sweat the money that's there because it's spent on games now or later. It just is what it is.
Privilege and affordability isn’t really an issue.

I just don’t see any practical advantage vs just walking in and grabbing it on release day.
:yeshrug: