Gamestop is the Feds

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I understand stores ask for ID upon returns

I am saying he told me gamestop was specificly WORKING WITH POLICE. Not just taking drivers info but asking to take a PICTURE for the police department, not for gamestop. I dont need to be in some fed database for trading in games.
they all "working with the police". they want them to collect this info cause people return/trade-in stolen shyt

Daps
This happend to me when I was buying the new call of duty ..... I made a scene about it like bruh really I don't look 17 he was like this is store policy we check everyone 35 and under I was like wtf am I buying alcohol then I was like whatever I don't go time to argue with these nerds gave em my id and dipped :ohhh:

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
Lol I had an old homie way back in the gap use to hit up all the blockbusters and Hollywood videos(both are non existent today) get cards rent games sell them back to GameStop and on the street. It was last like his MF job burning the shyt out of two major cities so I guess they had to elevate their game somehow

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I had the craziest experience and wanted to know if anyone heard of this because it sounds crazy to me. I maybe go into gamestop 3 or 4 times a year to trade in old games for pre-owned gems, usually im able to cop 3 or 4 games for $40-50 so it is a good deal imo.

anyway when I get to the counter the guy asked me for my drivers license and says he has to scan it, It was odd to me but I was like whatever, when I'm ready to pay he gives me back the gamestop card only and I asked him can I ged my ID too..

and he is like "nah, we have to hold it and input the information and im going to have to get your picture too"
I told him why you need all that Im just trading in a game?:gucci:

then after he pauses for a bit and says "Well its for the police department"

i was like hold up breh, this sounds like some police state shyt:dwillhuh::what:

long story short this guy spun me a tale about because of a string of robberies of people stealing games from trucks or some shyt gamestop is now assisting the police because people were trading in the games or selling them at gamestop, so the cops wanted all the driver license information AND a PICTURE of anyone trading in games

but he told me "Dont worry, it gets erased as soon as its taken..we dont keep it"

I told him "nah homie im good":martin:
i ended up buying uncharted lost legacy for $30 so I wouldnt seem like a suspect, homie was already talking to me like a narc and defending what they were doing

this is so crazy to me, I used to give them a pass bc of some decent deals on pre owned but I cant defend this shyt :hubie:
You lost. Lost legacy going for ten right now

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
If you want to do anything you fukking need ID. You can't even leave your house without ID. If a cop approaches you and you don't have ID then he can arrest you. Happens all the time. There's no law that I'm aware of that says you need to walk around with ID but cops will detain you anyway.

In all media (i.e.: books, movies, video games, etc.) that depicts a dystopian society one of the common denominators is some kind of ID law. America is headed in that direction (by some metrics it's already there) and uneducated morons are dismissing it as 'conspiracy' and 'schizophrenia induced paranoia'. The descent into fascism and totalitarianism is slow and gradual and largely unnoticed by the heavily distracted, overweight, barely literate, fluoride drinking shytheads who make up a large chunk of the population.

You shouldn't have a fukking ID just to purchase a video game or a laptop. Cigarettes, alcohol, sure. But come the fukk on.