Gamestop is about to close almost half their stores

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I only got a ps4 because a relative died, (cost me a job but I didn't like it no way) that's not happening again, so this is my last console, for real this time

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
i fukk with gamestop cause they got dumb fukk workers. I use to get fake playstation controllers for pennies and trade them in :youngsabo:

:francis:Thats basically the hiring policy of Gamestop. It's not what you know, it's how you sell. Hence why I didn't get a gig there when I had an interview with them a while back. The moment I started talking about gaming and not so much "duh", the Gamestop manager went like:

giphy.gif

They want programmed monkeys that can give out pitches for their dumb ass worthless memberships, rather than retailed experience reps who also game :ehh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Do you not read? sales associates were annoying. God damn do you work there?

Even other retail services know when to quit the pitch:francis:. Hell, Best Buy just do the offers for the usual (tech support, card, insurance) and keep it bouncing. I bought one fukking Futbol game from Gamestop and felt like I was signing a mortgage to a damn house:beli:.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Even other retail services know when to quit the pitch:francis:. Hell, Best Buy just do the offers for the usual (tech support, card, insurance) and keep it bouncing. I bought one fukking Futbol game from Gamestop and felt like I was signing a mortgage to a damn house:beli:.
The last time I went in there I bought a game and said nah I'm not interested for the rewards program the clerk got an attitude "What? You don't like free stuff?":stopitslime:

Been buying games on Amazon ever since.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The last time I went in there I bought a game and said nah I'm not interested for the rewards program the clerk got an attitude "What? You don't like free stuff?":stopitslime:

Been buying games on Amazon ever since.

Exactly:francis:. WOAT customer service ever. Like the one time I took my PSP back to a local Gamestop because it was defected. The rep was trying to take out the battery and said to the battery "come on you nikka". Mind you the rep was white and I was like:picard:........:francis:.....:mjpls:..................:mindblown:.

Gamestop is like if the Walmart gaming area decided to break out and make a store for themselves. All around trash:scusthov:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
They have to or they'll end up like Blockbuster.

I don't know what Best Buy did, but they don't seem to be in trouble.

Best Buy adapt with the times:

• Focus on the new and not the old
  • Sell not only PHYSICAL copies of games, but digital as well
  • Cheap 4K tvs= instant profit
  • Have a pretty legit inhouse production service (Total Tech Support, Insignia, etc)
It also helps that its one of the few companies out there that actually have displays for customers to try out. It's basically what Walmart needs to do and what Target fails to do.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I went in there drunk one time and this 45 year old cashier Jedi mind tricked me into signing up for their rewards program.

I told him no twice and when he noticed I was tipsy he politely said, “I’m just going to sign you up for one of these”.