Gamestop is about to close almost half their stores

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Waiting for the liquidation sales.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
Their liquidation sales still are gonna be more than what you could get a game for off eBay :francis:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
fukk them. I was in there to cop an emergency controller and just for shyts and giggles I asked them how much for my 8+(shyt is in great condition otterboxgang). nikka told me 50 dollars :stopitslime: I was so offended I just walked out and didn’t even buy what I came in for. And why does GameStop hire the most fattest, ugliest, smelly people ever? That alone probably stops people from coming there. Stores are always cluttered and smells like shyt

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
It's their own fault. I hated being harassed by some neck beard trying to get me to sign up for shyt. Just ring it up Skylar and I'll be on my way.

I never forgot I copped me a controller for my Xbox.

The damn manager tried to sell the whole store to me and tried to get me to purchase ''Tickets'' to a Halo party.

''Dawg, I'm simply just buying a controller mayne'' - :rudy: (Me the whole time)

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
why do people hate on gamestop so much?

if you used them right it was a great place.....

as long as you didn't....

1. trade anything into them

or

2. buy hardware there

you were fine :yeshrug:

simply buy games and leave it at that :unimpressed:

I don't know it's some grand mystery:stopitslime:

fukk em :pacspit:

fukked over the resale market for a decade.

It's their own fault. I hated being harassed by some neck beard trying to get me to sign up for shyt. Just ring it up Skylar and I'll be on my way.

I never forgot I copped me a controller for my Xbox.

The damn manager tried to sell the whole store to me and tried to get me to purchase ''Tickets'' to a Halo party.

''Dawg, I'm simply just buying a controller mayne'' - :rudy: (Me the whole time)

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
why do people hate on gamestop so much?

if you used them right it was a great place.....

as long as you didn't....

1. trade anything into them

or

2. buy hardware there

you were fine :yeshrug:

simply buy games and leave it at that :unimpressed:

For one my post earlier in the thread.

Them trying to get you to buy a whole bunch of stuff you don't need.

And two I've heard a thousand and one stories of how crappy their trade in policy is crappy.

I'm sure other people can add on to this.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For one my post earlier in the thread.

Them trying to get you to buy a whole bunch of stuff you don't need.

And two I've heard a thousand and one stories of how crappy their trade in policy is crappy.

I'm sure other people can add on to this.

ok.....

all i said was buy games :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those wondering why people hate GameStop:

Even as someone who used to literally just buy games there, simply buying a game is fukking torture there.

I've never had a single instance of going in to buy a game that didn't take at least 15 minutes, even with no line.

It takes forever for them to get stuff pulled up in their POS, you get asked about pre-ordering a million games, even though pre-orders really haven't been necessary since like, 2004.

You get asked about the loyalty program that really only makes sense if you trade in a bunch of games, and buy almost exclusively pre-owned.

They purposefully short stock games after the first couple of weeks so their inventory is heavily skewed toward pre-owned games.

Also, there's a good chance that new copy you bought wasn't truly new. Gamestop is known for letting employees borrow games, and then selling them as new.

And that's just the shytty buying process.

For me, another reason is that I legit feel filthy as fukk walking a Gamestop :hhh:. They're all so cluttered with random shyt, and about half of their sales counter area is filled with pre-owned consoles, accessories, and other electronics like a fukking pawn shop. They really try to prey on the lowest common denominator of the gaming community (you know, the type of person we all knew, or maybe even were, back in the day that was steady copping games, but also doing fuzzy math on how they would be able to survive off the dollar menu at McD's till they cash their next check), and their stores look and feel like it.

I can't get jiggy with that shyt, breh. I'm pretty much exclusively digital at this point, and anything I need physical, I'll get from Amazon, or probably Best Buy or something, since I know I can get in and out of there in a couple of minutes.