Games you love, but, understand why people hate them

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
DmC_box_art.png

Consensus among the DMC purists is that both Dante and the game mechanics suck. However, Ninja Theory (Enslaved, Heavenly Sword) ambitiousness in game development always hits the mark with me most of the time.

I will never understand the hate for this game. It was dope to me.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Dragon Age 2

I liked that characters didn't have to like me, just respect me.

I loved the combat system.

I like the more intimate setting of "living" in Kirkwall instead of a globe trodding adventure.

Sarcastic Hawke is one of the greatest characters ever written. :wow:

I finished the game and DLC at least six times with different characters :blessed:

But I'm well aware of all the flaws it had. Copy and paste levels. The combat wasn't Dragon Age 1. The story was centered on one small city etc.

But Isabela, the pirate hoe with a heart of gold :ohlawd:

• Dap
Reactions: 85

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably FF8. I understand that the story is nonsense, and that a lot of people preferred the character design of FF6/FF7 and that number of characters were either emo or annoying and that the plot made no sense and that the combat system was completely broken BUT it has an incredible soundtrack and the world, and the atmosphere in it, is the best in any Final Fantasy. The feel of the game is really special imo.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dragon Age Inquisition...if you don't keep the right people in your party the story is pretty much nonsensical...I happened to just by luck my first playthrough...and then my second one i used different characters and none of it made sense...

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Tom Clancy's The Division....the beta was cold. Not to soon after launch everything went to shyt after that first content update. The Dark Zone was a crazy mechanic to introduce into a game. And it has taking them almost two years to fix the game mechanics.

But damn if the environment and atmosphere of the in-game city is not some of the most detailed shyt you would ever see. The cover system is piff and seamless and getting that sweet loot and building out your character is :banderas:

:manny:the game is flawed as fukk but I love it.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: 85

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps

Having played first played this franchise via DMC: 3 I can understand why this Dante would put people off. Cursing and general moodiness is unlike him. However, DmC is supposed to be his pre DMC 3 version where I think he's 20-22. Everything had valid counter explanation.
  • Their devil triggers aren't full demonic since neither brothers have been overexerting either versions & aren't at full height of their respective powers.
  • Dante's hair changes after his awakening. Hints at powers growing & physically altering them with constant exposure. Furthermore, an awakened Vergil being defeated by recently awakened Dante, would force him to keep pushing his limits and perfectly sets up for their new iconic trigger in DMC: 3.
  • Ebony and Ivory were given a clean finish from their former generic versions. I'd personally prefer this versions remained.
  • Rebellion's rain guard/grip. If the sword is a keep sake from his father like his psyche (Osiris) it goes to figure if his demon powers grew the weapon would change to accommodate his powers.
  • Chronologically DMC 3 was the first iteration. In that version Dante uses full demon powers. Yet, hints at his mother - speaking of her like part of him he once had but is 'lost'. Hence the need to maintain his locket. It's safe to say the balance between Angel-Demon he had was skewed to his father's side & would explain the ease by which Vergil pushed him to devil trigger.
This way DMC story becomes the journey two brothers. Dante who came to terms with his father and decided to protect that which they loved; his mother's memory, humans etc. Whilst Vergil refuses and sets for vengeance which he assumed needs him becoming as fearsome as his father. DmC was straight fire to me.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
No lock-on, ran at 30fps (DMC 4 released running at 60fps), red and blue enemies and easy as heck. Plus Tameem shytted on fans. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great DMC game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Dragon Age 2

I liked that characters didn't have to like me, just respect me.

I loved the combat system.

I like the more intimate setting of "living" in Kirkwall instead of a globe trodding adventure.

Sarcastic Hawke is one of the greatest characters ever written. :wow:

I finished the game and DLC at least six times with different characters :blessed:

But I'm well aware of all the flaws it had. Copy and paste levels. The combat wasn't Dragon Age 1. The story was centered on one small city etc.

But Isabela, the pirate hoe with a heart of gold :ohlawd:
it was a good game. it just wasn't a proper sequel to DA1. it felt more like a spin-off

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
FIre Pro Wrestling Series

Why I love it:
  • Customization out the ass
  • Superb AI
  • Simulating matches
  • Management mode
  • Old school feel
Why folks can't understand it:
  • Graphics not up to par to WWE games
  • 2D
  • Lack of story mode
  • No other match types (fighting backstage, table matches, ladder, etc)