Games where the sequel or threequel ruined an otherwise fantastic series.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll start.

220px-Team_Sonic_Racing_Cover.jpg

Ruined the follow up to one of the GOAT kart racers Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. Removing sega characters/tracks and changing up the gameplay to be more team oriented was wack imo. I barely got into this.

220px-Resident_Evil_3.jpg

RE2 remake was arguably one of the GOAT modern day horror games. RE3 remake was looking like an obvious lay up but fell short. Way too short literally and just cut content made what would be an otherwise excellent follow up merely "good".

images

Rushed, bad pacing and downgraded graphics in certain areas made this a game that critically was great but to fans it was a step down. Uncharted imo hasn't lived up to UC2 completely imo despite enjoying this and 4.
maxresdefault.jpg
This guy had some of the worst ideas for MP balance. Meh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the franchise, same with Valkyrie Chronicles 4.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
I'll start.

images

Rushed, bad pacing and downgraded graphics in certain areas made this a game that critically was great but to fans it was a step down. Uncharted imo hasn't lived up to UC2 completely imo despite enjoying this and 4.
I don't remember this. I remember the game not being as good as two but graphically it was just as good and even better in some areas. Can you post screens of areas of the game that were graphically inferior to Uncharted 2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't remember this. I remember the game not being as good as two but graphically it was just as good and even better in some areas. Can you post screens of areas of the game that were graphically inferior to Uncharted 2.

I thought 3 was pretty dope, its the one where you start in the train thats falling off the cliff and you gotta climb up it before it falls. It’s also the one with the iconic plane scene from the movies where you fall out the plane with the crate into the desert

I think it introduced the situational fighting into the game also. Where you grab people and pin them against a wall or bar and throw them over stuff

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Problem with UC3 and 4 is there is just nowhere to go. The spectacle peaked with 2. 3 and 4 basically just more of the same but the graphics a little bit better. The leap from 1 to 2 was huge in just about every area. 3 and 4 just have some tweaks to the formula.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Problem with UC3 and 4 is there is just nowhere to go. The spectacle peaked with 2. 3 and 4 basically just more of the same but the graphics a little bit better. The leap from 1 to 2 was huge in just about every area. 3 and 4 just have some tweaks to the formula.

This is also true. I could go the rest of my life without another uncharted game but theres also nothing else really like it that i can think of.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
I thought 3 was pretty dope, its the one where you start in the train thats falling off the cliff and you gotta climb up it before it falls. It’s also the one with the iconic plane scene from the movies where you fall out the plane with the crate into the desert

I think it introduced the situational fighting into the game also. Where you grab people and pin them against a wall or bar and throw them over stuff
I remembered the game,Uncharted is one of my favorite. I don't remember Uncharted 3 being graphically inferior to two like the op mentioned.