Games of Thrones creators to helm another new Star Wars trilogy

Juven

All Star
Daps
Ok cool but at this point GRR Martin has nothing to do with HBO's "GOT" series. He hasn't for a while now. He's even publicly distanced himself from it.

So they have no reason to mention him. It wouldn't make much sense in the context of trying to promote a new series.

Fred.
Show was at it's peak when it was based off Martin's work
Martin made that show.

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Star Wars could have been as strong as the MCU but the problem is Disney washed their hands of all the EU material so now there is a lot less to draw from. Star Wars will end up just like Pirates and Transformers. Not right away but it will sink to new lows in the coming years. :francis:

Disney didn't technically erase the EU ... they erase the fan made EU to make their own EU and use the previously erased material as sources if needed

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
David Benioff is actually a great writer and storyteller. City of Thieves is one of the best historical fiction novels I've read. Check it out. It actually heavily influenced the developers of The Last of Us.

His other book The 25th Hour is also critically acclaimed. Spike Lee made a movie out of it starring Edward Norton.

I'm willing to see what they do. I wish he would do an adaption of Thieves, but dude isn't a hack or anything.

Benioff wrote The 25th Hour? :ohhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Show was at it's peak when it was based off Martin's work
Martin made that show.

My point is they're deliberately not mentioning him is so they can create a narrative that the people that made Game of Thrones are making a Star Wars movie. That's technically true but it isn't the whole truth because it leaves out the fact that those showrunners didn't create that world, the characters, or the storylines that drove that series to the massive level of popularity it reached before they ran out of the creator's work to adapt so I look at that announcement and shrug.

I agree but that's not the point. Their current project is "GOT" on HBO. GRR Martin don't fukk with it. Again, he's publicly distanced himself from it. So how and why would they throw his name in this announcement? What if they give him credit, and he comes out again and says "I have nothing to do with that show". You know how embarrassing that would be?

Fred.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
:blessed:Space titties.

1513362036591.gif

Mickey

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
They confusing the greatness of GRRM with these two. Almost everything they wrote that wasn't thought out by George fell flat.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree but that's not the point. Their current project is "GOT" on HBO. GRR Martin don't fukk with it. Again, he's publicly distanced himself from it. So how and why would they throw his name in this announcement? What if they give him credit, and he comes out again and says "I have nothing to do with that show". You know how embarrassing that would be?

Fred.
Them saying Game of Thrones* is based on his work doesn't say he's directly involved with it. That's like suggesting that if you use Wikipedia to write a research paper and quote it as a source you're saying the article writers were involved with writing your paper by quoting them as sources. Of course many a lazy college student will write a research paper entirely based off a Wikipedia article and not list Wikipedia as a source and that's kinda what's going on here and that's the point.

*Game of Thrones is based off the novel series a Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.