Games of Thrones creators to helm another new Star Wars trilogy

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
More like George rr Martin is one of the best story tellers today. They ain't shyt without his story to fall back on.
David Benioff is actually a great writer and storyteller. City of Thieves is one of the best historical fiction novels I've read. Check it out. It actually heavily influenced the developers of The Last of Us.

His other book The 25th Hour is also critically acclaimed. Spike Lee made a movie out of it starring Edward Norton.

I'm willing to see what they do. I wish he would do an adaption of Thieves, but dude isn't a hack or anything.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
David Benioff is actually a great writer and storyteller. City of Thieves is one of the best historical fiction novels I've read. Check it out. It actually heavily influenced the developers of The Last of Us.

His other book The 25th Hour is also critically acclaimed. Spike Lee made a movie out of it starring Edward Norton.

I'm willing to see what they do. I wish he would do an adaption of Thieves, but dude isn't a hack or anything.
:ehh: didn't know that.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Earlier today we found out that Game of Thrones creators/showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss had been put in charge of a new trilogy of Star Wars movies, and now we have some more news from the galaxy far, far away.

Disney CEO Bob Iger (via THR) has revealed that there are multiple live-action Star Wars TV shows planned for the company's direct-to-consumer digital platform that's set to launch late next year. Though he didn't spill any details, he did promise that an official announcement was forthcoming, and that we should "find the level of talent on the television front will be rather significant as well."

As for Benioff and Weiss, Iger did seem to provide a vague hint as to what they might be planning:

"Their interest was in creating a series of films that are Star Wars-based and we've actually been talking to them for a long time. To my knowledge they didn’t express interest in creating a series. They have an idea for number of films and at some later date I'm sure we'll disclose to all of you just what those are. They are focused on a point in time in the Star Wars mythology and taking it from there."
That "point in time" quote has already led to speculation that this could be something based on or at least influenced by The Knights of the Old Republic, but that's probably just wishful thinking

Tell us, what do you hope to see from these live-action shows? Any partucular characters you want them to focus on? Sound off below!

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not that I don't think it's bullshyt but because GRR Martin hasn't finished a book in 7 years. There's really no reason to mention him when they're trying to sell a new "Star Wars" trilogy off the strength of "Game Of Thrones".

Fred.
In the end Game of Thrones is just an adaptation of Martin's books. They're selling them as the creators of Game of Thrones like that's a seal of quality when in reality they used someone else's work to make that series. Not to say they stole it but to give them all this credit is ridiculous.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In the end Game of Thrones is just an adaptation of Martin's books. They're selling them as the creators of Game of Thrones like that's a seal of quality when in reality they used someone else's work to make that series. Not to say they stole it but to give them all this credit is ridiculous.

Ok cool but at this point GRR Martin has nothing to do with HBO's "GOT" series. He hasn't for a while now. He's even publicly distanced himself from it.

So they have no reason to mention him. It wouldn't make much sense in the context of trying to promote a new series.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok cool but at this point GRR Martin has nothing to do with HBO's "GOT" series. He hasn't for a while now. He's even publicly distanced himself from it.

So they have no reason to mention him. It wouldn't make much sense in the context of trying to promote a new series.

Fred.
My point is they're deliberately not mentioning him is so they can create a narrative that the people that made Game of Thrones are making a Star Wars movie. That's technically true but it isn't the whole truth because it leaves out the fact that those showrunners didn't create that world, the characters, or the storylines that drove that series to the massive level of popularity it reached before they ran out of the creator's work to adapt so I look at that announcement and shrug.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Kennedy needs to be fired it's obvious she ain't got one fukking clue what she is doing.

I am done with this shyt, I will bootleg Solo if it ain't complete trash other than that I have no interest in star wars anymore.:manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

You know better than to go off track of the popular internet narrative:francis: