Gamepass + backwards compatibility is all thats being offered from microsoft next gen

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I mean all that is great and all but it’s still a wait and see. Sony already has proven first party exclusives that have sequels currently in development and new franchises on the way.

God of War: Ragnarok
Spider-man Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Next Kojima game
New Sucker Punch game
Demon souls remake
Spider-man 2
Etc. etc. etc.

Sony has already established a larger fan base of loyal customers that aren’t jumping ship to xbox just because gamepass and potential studio games no one even knows about. Microsoft is fighting and uphill battle and they’re gonna need to spend more than a couple of years building good faith for all the people who already jumped ship this current gen.

It will take at least 4 good years before we see a shift in how microsoft is moving cause all they big studios and promised games haven’t even started development yet. Fable for instance doesn’t even have a staff attached to it.

You just gave us a bunch of 3rd person single player games fam. If not for anything else. Microsoft is great in gaming variety and quality. Sony has other genres but I would argue that Microsoft does it better. Flight Simulators, Beat em Ups, Platformers, Fighting games, RPGs, Racers, First Person Shooters, Strategy games and more. Their gaming focus is more varied.

Put it to you like this.

Over 13 million people bought Spiderman on PS4 and that is the highest selling PS4 exclusive game. Sony has sold over 100 million PS4s. What that is to say is that not everybody comes to a console just to play that console's exclusive games. It's why 2K basketball and Call of Duty sell like crazy yearly. The PS4 was the best place to play those at the beginning of last gen. That will change in November. Sony is not Nintendo, they can't do this alone. They need third party. Microsoft, while bolstering their own games, is doing well by being a good partner with their 3rd parties.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I’d rather have a system that is offering new experiences instead of just offering a bunch of a ways for me to play shyt i already played.

Even the new PlayStation controller sounds innovative. Microsoft thinks just making it more powerful is going to win just like they think buying up a bunch of random studios is gonna win

ps5-dualsense-geoff-keighley.jpg
Can you name another console that offers you the package experience the Xbox S or X will?

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Win? No Xbox console is going to outsell a PlayStation console unless Sony shoots themselves in the foot even harder than they did with the PS3 launch. PlayStation is the bigger brand worldwide. That isn’t going to change.

Regardless of that, there is a market for Xbox and MS will make a profit. Play Anywhere, XCloud, Gamepass Ultimate, “forward” compatible games , the appeal is the ecosystem.

If you have never been invested in Xbox or you game on PC, you can ignore the Series S and X and not miss out on much of anything.

Me? I’m buying the Series X day one and using it for multi-plats and online gaming. Getting the PS5 in 1.5-2 years for single-player Sony exclusives and weird Japanese games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Win? No Xbox console is going to outsell a PlayStation console unless Sony shoots themselves in the foot even harder than they did with the PS3 launch. PlayStation is the bigger brand worldwide. That isn’t going to change.

Regardless of that, there is a market for Xbox and MS will make a profit. Play Anywhere, XCloud, Gamepass Ultimate, “forward” compatible games , the appeal is the ecosystem.

If you have never been invested in Xbox or you game on PC, you can ignore the Series S and X and not miss out on much of anything.

Me? I’m buying the Series X day one and using it for multi-plats and online gaming. Getting the PS5 in 1.5-2 years for single-player Sony exclusives and weird Japanese games

This is absolutely what I'm doing and imo the correct move

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Doesn’t even make sense to argue at this point.

At the end of the day sony has next gen exclusives coming out specifically for their system within the first few months of release. The value is in the next gen experience.

Everything you want on series x can be played on current gen or pc. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade especially for the series s which isn’t even more powerful than the one x.