Gamepass + backwards compatibility is all thats being offered from microsoft next gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like I’d rather have a system that is offering new experiences instead of just offering a bunch of a ways for me to play shyt i already played.

Even the new PlayStation controller sounds innovative. Microsoft thinks just making it more powerful is going to win just like they think buying up a bunch of random studios is gonna win

ps5-dualsense-geoff-keighley.jpg

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I feel like I’d rather have a system that is offering new experiences instead of just offering a bunch of a ways for me to play shyt i already played already.
thats you. what do you think the average kid would prefer on christmas, a console and spiderman or a console with over 100 games

i love both platforms but the stanning is getting too nonsensical

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ps4's success came from MS beating themselves

Like they are doing again by not offering next gen exclusive titles for two years. 3 xbox consoles later and sony has come out on top. That’s not gonna change

Nintendo and sony are successful because of their first party titles not good looking multi-plats and services models

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Like they are doing again by not offering next gen exclusive titles for two years. 3 xbox consoles later and sony has come out on top. That’s not gonna change

Nintendo and sony are successful because of their first party titles not good looking multi-plats and services models
we will see, wont we. i dont think a few of yall are really paying attention

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The past is the best way to predict the future.

Usually. I would say that the rules to everything has changed up a bit though.

In 2022, the full second year of a console is when consoles truly hit their stride. They are going to have an onslaught of games then.

They are giving their five recently acquired development teams their largest budgets ever to make games.

This is what happened mid-development with Wasteland 3

Wasteland 3 – Microsoft Helped Game With More Time And Resources

Microsoft went on quite the buying spree over the last couple of years. While they seem to be done, at least for the time being, one of the studios they scooped up was InXile Entertainment as they were in the midst of developing their next RPG, Wasteland 3. While it probably seems like a no-brainer, if you’re curious what types of impacts an acquisition can have to a mid-development project, InXile can actually give you an idea.

In an interview with GamesBeat, InXile’s Jeremy Kopman talked about various aspects of the game. When asked about what the project looked like post-Microsoft, he said despite the fact that the game is still being published by Deep Silver, Microsoft pitched in a lot of resources and thanks to that they had extra budget and time for things like full voiceovers, something they couldn’t have done before.

“We got some more time and a bunch more resources. We’ve been able to step up the visual quality. We were able to fully lock in on full voiceover for all dialogue in the game. It’s not a small amount of V/O. Those things were not opportunities we had before the Microsoft acquisition. It’s really opened up some of those avenues.

Wasteland 3 dev inXile says Microsoft didn't interfere with the project

Microsoft has had no input in Wasteland 3 following its purchase of inXile Entertainment last year. Rather it has offered financial security to the studio behind it.

Speaking to Gamesradar+, the studio's founder Brian Fargo (pictured) explained that "Microsoft basically came in, gave us a tonne of cash, and said go and make the best game that you possibly can."

Besides financial stability, the publishing giant has granted the studio more time.

"It's always the elephant in the room with game development, time. When you speak to the best developers in the industry - whether it is Rockstar or Blizzard - the biggest factor is always time. It's the same across the group, it's always time, time, time," said Fargo.

"We think a certain way about development and we are run very tightly as a result. We're not looking for three to six extra years, but three to six months.

“For a group like us, that can be night and day. Six months can make all the difference; six months could be a '10 on Metacritic' change for us."

Wasteland 3’s game director Tim Campbell added: "The nice thing for InXile is that Microsoft hasn't changed what game we are making at all.

"That is what some people I think were afraid of when they read about the acquisition. But really, Microsoft is just helping us do what we do but really, Microsoft is just helping us do what we do but better, right?"

Fargo went on to explain that Microsoft’s support has taken Wasteland 3 to new heights. The game has “hundreds of thousands of lines of dialogue,” which wouldn’t have been possible without the support of the big M.

"Microsoft has a user research lab, which is going to give us feedback on the UI and what people are experiencing. And they have their localisation groups and their QA groups,” said Fargo.

“I could go on, but you have to understand that it is allowing us to make a more robust product. Wasteland 3 players are going to get something much better than we could have done with just our limited resources."

Now, imagine having those resources at the beginning of a project. That is what Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Double Fine, Compulsion and now InXile currently have. That's not to say that throwing money at something is always a smart thing but the crux here is that these were good-great developers before the studio purchases. Now, they get to take things to the next level, while only having to worry about developing for Microsoft related platforms. These games take time but most of them if not all will be stellar. No more Crackdown like duds coming from Xbox Game Studios any longer. They need people to stay hooked to Gamepass so the games, their AAA games, have to and will come.

With Microsoft, yes, it always comes back to the money but they've gotten their heads out of their own ass, Satya Nadella isn't Steve Ballmer and they've pushed their chips in to go all in. I truly believe that we are now in the beginning stages of the long battle of attrition. Google Stadia will be the first casualty.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Usually. I would say that the rules to everything has changed up a bit though.

In 2022, the full second year of a console is when consoles truly hit their stride. They are going to have an onslaught of games then.

They are giving their five recently acquired development teams their largest budgets ever to make games.

This is what happened mid-development with Wasteland 3

Wasteland 3 – Microsoft Helped Game With More Time And Resources

Now, imagine having those resources at the beginning of a project. That is what Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Double Fine, Compulsion and now InXile currently have. That's not to say that throwing money at something is always a smart thing but the crux here is that these were good-great developers before the studio purchases. Now, they get to take things to the next level, while only having to worry about developing for Microsoft related platforms. These games take time but most of them if not all will be stellar. No more Crackdown like duds coming from Xbox Game Studios any longer. They need people to stay hooked to Gamepass so the games, their AAA games, have to and will come.

With Microsoft, yes, it always comes back to the money but they've gotten their heads out of their own ass, Satya Nadella isn't Steve Ballmer and they've pushed their chips in to go all in. I truly believe that we are now in the beginning stages of the long battle of attrition. Google Stadia will be the first casualty.

I mean all that is great and all but it’s still a wait and see. Sony already has proven first party exclusives that have sequels currently in development and new franchises on the way.

God of War: Ragnarok
Spider-man Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Next Kojima game
New Sucker Punch game
Demon souls remake
Spider-man 2
Etc. etc. etc.

Sony has already established a larger fan base of loyal customers that aren’t jumping ship to xbox just because gamepass and potential studio games no one even knows about. Microsoft is fighting and uphill battle and they’re gonna need to spend more than a couple of years building good faith for all the people who already jumped ship this current gen.

It will take at least 4 good years before we see a shift in how microsoft is moving cause all they big studios and promised games haven’t even started development yet. Fable for instance doesn’t even have a staff attached to it.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Im 50/50 on this, both sides are right imo, options are a good thing but pushing the boundaries is also good. If MS was dominating and offering all this it wouldn’t be a problem

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I mean all that is great and all but it’s still a wait and see. Sony already has proven first party exclusives that have sequels currently in development and new franchises on the way.

God of War: Ragnarok
Spider-man Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Next Kojima game
New Sucker Punch game
Demon souls remake
Spider-man 2
Etc. etc. etc.

Sony has already established a larger fan base of loyal customers that aren’t jumping ship to xbox just because gamepass and potential studio games no one even knows about. Microsoft is fighting and uphill battle and they’re gonna need to spend more than a couple of years building good faith for all the people who already jumped ship this gen current gen.
Ion see socom on the list :stopitslime:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I feel like I’d rather have a system that is offering new experiences instead of just offering a bunch of a ways for me to play shyt i already played.

Even the new PlayStation controller sounds innovative. Microsoft thinks just making it more powerful is going to win just like they think buying up a bunch of random studios is gonna win

ps5-dualsense-geoff-keighley.jpg
Great thread, people need a place to vent :datazz: