Gamepass and PSnow will be the big battle ground next gen

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the game developers said his game sales multiplied by a 100 once it was on gamepass

Source?

shyt doesn’t even make sense, why would the sales for the game multiply if the game is accessible through the service?

Unless you count each person that plays the game through the service as a “sale”, which is comically idiotic as people are subscribing to the service and not a singular game.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
GamePass >>>>>>>>>>>> PSNow
Both services are weak to ME in their current iteration though. (I own all the GamePass games I want and most are on sale for dirt cheap long before they make it to GamePass. It’s dope for people that aren’t buying games as often and are fine waiting months/years after release).
PSnow is trash in comparison and GamePass has too much of a lead at this point IMO.
FTFY

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Source?

shyt doesn’t even make sense, why would the sales for the game multiply if the game is accessible through the service?

Unless you count each person that plays the game through the service as a “sale”, which is comically idiotic as people are subscribing to the service and not a singular game.
Those who download the game from game pass who never would've tried it without.
Those who buy the full game from game pass at a discount to keep it
DLCs and micro transactions
The increased promo from Microsoft all add up

Don't see the point of streaming games.
Hell, I don't stream music.
Weird, I coulda sworn you anti-digital games guys were talmbout ownership
Get with the times :flabbynsick:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Yea i see that and am grateful for it too.control was a black friday cop for me but not anymore:wow::mjgrin: that's why am slowing down in buying games and am just wait till they hit plus or psnow:ehh:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
For Gamepass, yeah. If I'm not mistaken, PSNOW requires you to log into the service and stream it, so if you lose Internet connection to the internet for a wee second, it's gameover, literally.

This really speaks to how a bad first impression can hurt a product going forward.

People still think PSNOW is streaming only and hasn't come down in price to 9.99 a month.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
GamePass > PSNow
Both services are weak to ME in their current iteration though. (I own all the GamePass games I want and most are on sale for dirt cheap long before they make it to GamePass. It’s dope for people that aren’t buying games as often and are fine waiting months/years after release).
PSnow is trash in comparison and GamePass has too much of a lead at this point IMO.

What makes gamepass better is that they get more interesting indie and mid tier titles that you want to check but aren't sure about. Sony only recently has started to actually try to make PSNOW more appealing but it is a total wash. Maybe it will be better next gen. :ld:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those who download the game from game pass who never would've tried it without.
Those who buy the full game from game pass at a discount to keep it
DLCs and micro transactions
The increased promo from Microsoft all add up

:stopitslime: Still waiting for a source.

Again, how is downloading the game from the service a “sale”? What the fukk is nikkas talking about?!!

It is a great service, as it’s affordable for consumers whilst being rewarding for devs as they get paid a guaranteed fee for having their games in the service and exposed to a wider audience that they might otherwise not have, but to count people downloading the game through the service as a sale is idiotic

Game pass for me is good in that it might revive the AA space and allow mid level studios to keep their heads above water. It might also convincing some PC only devs to port their games to consoles more often. One of my fears however, and admittedly unsubstantiated thus far, is that devs realize they can get a flat fee and start making cookie cutter experiences just to throw in these services

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This really speaks to how a bad first impression can hurt a product going forward.

People still think PSNOW is streaming only and hasn't come down in price to 9.99 a month.
Sony have done a poor job of marketing it. They need to rebrand it imo and give it a good push cos streaming is the future and they don’t want MS to to overtake them.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

They was wilding waiting so long to drop it to ps+ prices

shyt used to be $20/month :gucci:

When they FINALLY made it yearly it was $100/year:gucci:

PS Now is dope tho :wow:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

True. But by the same token, people shouldn’t get on the internet and talk so confidently about shyt they don’t know about. Breh said with his chest PS Now is streaming only.

I mean, we’re living in the Internet age. Google is two mouse clicks or thumb scrolls away.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony nikkaz don't even know the facts about PSnow :mjlol:
For Gamepass, yeah. If I'm not mistaken, PSNOW requires you to log into the service and stream it, so if you lose Internet connection to the internet for a wee second, it's gameover, literally.
Please don't forget to mention the streams max out at 720p :picard:
You can download games on PSNow
Notice he worded it like that ON PURPOSE (W.L.I.M) ask if you can download all games on the service or just some. The rest is 720p or bust

I guess if nobody else wants to tell the truth then I'll do it :francis: All the top games on Sony was offered once gamepass started crushing the buildings and if you didn't jump to play them then? They most likely already gone off the service (Tru Story) but it gets better. Here's a link from a story this month...
A word on streaming: You can download many games, including the classics, with PSNow, but some are only available via streaming. All streaming-only titles on this list were tested on a standard PS4 with download speeds of 13.7 Mbps and upload speeds of 3.1 Mbps. Games generally took an extra few minutes to boot up. For the most part, they played just fine, though graphical clarity occasionally dipped. Whenever possible, we recommend downloading games directly to your console

The 12 Best Games on PlayStation Now
So what are these stream only titles that max out at 720p?

Spiderman :krs:
Res evil 4
Control (poor man's quantum break)
The last of us ps3 version :mjlol:
Ni no kuni
Bloodborne
Mgs5
Fallout 4
Red dead redemption ps3 version which didn't run in 720p on ps3. Maybe this will be upgraded?

Out of those games, there isn't a better version on the service so say you like red dead redemption. You gotta get gamepass to play the sequel or pay full price for it :yeshrug:

If you wanna play uncharted, horizon, every other AAA title you stanned this gen? 1st party or 3rd? You'd have to play those on PSLater, PSnow ain't got it...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamepass already won this. As with all the other services offered on Xbox.

SeXBox will be the best place to play games next gen.:banderas:

PS5 got a bunch a bunch stans....and naughty dog.:francis:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you wanna play uncharted, horizon, every other AAA title you stanned this gen? 1st party or 3rd? You'd have to play those on PSLater, PSnow ain't got it...

Or, if you stanned them this gen you most likely own the games and can play them anyway?

I don’t expect premium gaming experiences to be available on these services day 1 or at all. Much like I don’t expect discounts for Nintendo first party for my Switch. If Sony eventually puts their games there for a limited amount of time, more power to those that rely on the service to play them. They have had multiple +10M sellers this gen, some being new IPs. They aren’t going to throw away those numbers for a competitive advantage for services that are not yet profitable :yeshrug:

Xbox situation is...different. Their IPs are largely reaping diminishing returns. It’s understandable they’d flood Game pass with their games so these games can find an audience while getting more people to subscribe to the service at the same time.