Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
:ohlawd: He's my favorite character on tv

I wish they made a prequel season centered around young tywin around the time of the rebellion of House Reyne...maybe only like 6 episodes on some Spartacus: God of the Arena type sh!t...just don't know if any actor could do him justice like Charles Dance does

I'd love to see that too. HBO could make a killing off a few miniseries based off events before the books, the history is that rich and colorful. I'd also like to see Robert's Rebellion televised someday.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the attention to detail would be as great if it were a movie. Just think--6 to 12 episodes where every character and plot line gets their needed time to develop. The Mad King on screen alone would just be :wow:

truthfully...i think it would be a dope animated film...doesn't have to be anime per se...but i think part of roberts rebellion that makes it stand out isn't just about how its important but its almost fairy tale-ish. Every part of it, even in the books its talked about like its the distant past but it isn't. Kinda like how we do with WWII and Vietnam...recent as hell historically...but romanticized by our culture, that's what the rebellion is like even though its only like 16 years in the past.

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
truthfully...i think it would be a dope animated film...doesn't have to be anime per se...but i think part of roberts rebellion that makes it stand out isn't just about how its important but its almost fairy tale-ish. Every part of it, even in the books its talked about like its the distant past but it isn't. Kinda like how we do with WWII and Vietnam...recent as hell historically...but romanticized by our culture, that's what the rebellion is like even though its only like 16 years in the past.

I could see that actually, it has all the elements for a nice animated film. And you're right everyone in the books talks about the events with such idealism. Even the ones old enough to have live through it. I guess even more so now because everyone who made a name for themselves back then is either dead or missing in action or somewhat retired. :ohhh:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The fuked up thing ive come to realize is that no way i we get roberts rebellion prior to them finishing the television series...or at least to the point where everything is revealed in the books, series wise

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
The fuked up thing ive come to realize is that no way i we get roberts rebellion prior to them finishing the television series...or at least to the point where everything is revealed in the books, series wise

We still have two books we're waiting on and the show has pretty much caught up with the series. Perhaps it could be something to hold them over until George finishes?

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
You cant spoil anything on a prequal which is why it wont happen before the final season...or if all is revealed before the final book then it would be a great filler

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I had an idea that Robert's Rebellion could be done as a video game without spoiling anything before the books finish. All you gotta do is play a character (canon or non-canon) that isn't around the speculative parts to the series.

If a show were to be done on Robert's Rebellion it would be harder because the show wouldn't be able to follow Ned without giving too much away.

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Im debating...start over again on the books or re watch the show. I gotta cop the mini series books he dropped and that illustrated picture book

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

wow its only 16 yrs in the past

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
wow its only 16 yrs in the past

Yup. Jon Snow, Rob Stark, Joffery and Dany are all around 14-16 years old in the books. Jon was born same year as Robb, and Joffery was only a year or so younger. Which makes sense because Cersei and Robert were married a lil bit after the war and she lost her actual son with Robert and Joffery came soon after i think.