Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Corlys AKA The Sea Snake is on a ship headed back to Driftmark. He’s most likely below deck or ‘beneath the boards’
That's a good take. It would bring up the question of who she was talking to though, Aemond or Jace. If Corlys survives and is one to fear, I would assume he sides with his wife and Jace. Maybe Corlys about to put in work against those greens :patrice:
Yeah, after yesterday I'm in disbelief that black people are really riding for that team.

Only black family that's major is being devoured for some white promiscuous princess, and the only person seeing what's happening and trying to stop it is called an idiot and fool.

Literally sacrificing House Velaryon on the altar of Rhaenyra's rise and people are cheering this on?

Put this ish into contemporary times and the reactions would be mad different.

Long time company, founded four hundred years ago current ceo's son gets married to a woman who has three children by someone else.

Not one, not two but three by some random guy.

Said illegitimate children are groomed to takeover the company with current ceo's blessing.

Said woman who usurped your family offers to ensure your nieces get nice stock options and board seats but her b*stards will take control and decide the direction of the company's future.

That is NOT an acceptable proposition.

Not team Green or Black, I'm team Vaemond.
The real contemporary equivalent would be a US company that has business overseas in Saudi Arabia. The CEO's son is gay, but in order to not offend the clientele he marries a woman to hide that fact, and has 3 adopted children with her. The CEO's son loves the children as if they were his own and the CEO doesn't mind either, but they both feel the need to hide it from the homophobic and mysoginistic Saudi's to not disrupt business.
The oldest adopted child is being primed to take over the company. The CEO's new young new bimbo wife has been making shytty comments about the son being gay and how they're not the CEO's real children, when he has already accepted them as his own, and she's not even a part of that side of the family to be speaking on shyt like that. CEO tells her mind her business and don't fall asleep to early tonight. Instead the bytch keeps plotting to push out the adopted kids out from the company she isn't even a part of so she could put her own rapist weirdo son on the throne, despite the CEO's wishes.

Tell it like that, the young bimbo Alicent sure sounds like a piece of shyt, and Rhae and Laenor look like an unconventional, but loving family. :yeshrug:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
That's a good take. It would bring up the question of who she was talking to though, Aemond or Jace. If Corlys survives and is one to fear, I would assume he sides with his wife and Jace. Maybe Corlys about to put in work against those greens :patrice:

The real contemporary equivalent would be a US company that has business overseas in Saudi Arabia. The CEO's son is gay, but in order to not offend the clientele he marries a woman to hide that fact, and has 3 adopted children with her. The CEO's son loves the children as if they were his own and the CEO doesn't mind either, but they both feel the need to hide it from the homophobic and mysoginistic Saudi's to not disrupt business.
The oldest adopted child is being primed to take over the company. The CEO's new young new bimbo wife has been making shytty comments about the son being gay and how they're not the CEO's real children, when he has already accepted them as his own, and she's not even a part of that side of the family to be speaking on shyt like that. CEO tells her mind her business and don't fall asleep to early tonight. Instead the bytch keeps plotting to push out the adopted kids out from the company she isn't even a part of so she could put her own rapist weirdo son on the throne, despite the CEO's wishes.

Tell it like that, the young bimbo Alicent sure sounds like a piece of shyt, and Rhae and Laenor look like an unconventional, but loving family. :yeshrug:
Nah, you got an apt username cuz its definitely not riding on filial duties.

Take your example, add family run and owned to the US company and it starts to be a parallel.

This is about House Velaryon being usurped because it serves House Targaryen Black label's interests.

Most any company in the world today that's family run/owned, you keep that ish within the blood.
Adopted children are considered when there's no other options but Vaemond is a grown man with children of his own.
It's not just him being shat on but his children too.

Put yourself in his position.

You going along to get along with a massive lie, that's gonna have you and your family running at the beck and call of these outright thieves, sitting in the seat your parents and grandparents ruled from?

You can do that? Cuz I know I can't.

The best part of this show is it shows the hypocrisy of many from the original show.

Vaemond isn't any different from Stannis and Stark, outside of his lack of self preservation.
He refuses to live out the lie and I sincerely don't understand the flack he's getting.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Nah, you got an apt username cuz its definitely not riding on filial duties.

Take your example, add family run and owned to the US company and it starts to be a parallel.

This is about House Velaryon being usurped because it serves House Targaryen Black label's interests.

Most any company in the world today that's family run/owned, you keep that ish within the blood.
Adopted children are considered when there's no other options but Vaemond is a grown man with children of his own.
It's not just him being shat on but his children too.

Put yourself in his position.

You going along to get along with a massive lie, that's gonna have you and your family running at the beck and call of these outright thieves, sitting in the seat your parents and grandparents ruled from?

You can do that? Cuz I know I can't.

The best part of this show is it shows the hypocrisy of many from the original show.

Vaemond isn't any different from Stannis and Stark, outside of his lack of self preservation.
He refuses to live out the lie and I sincerely don't understand the flack he's getting.
But then in that scenario Corlys is the company owner who accepts the adopted kids as his own, and loves his unconventional family. He named the adopted kid to take over the company himself. His brother is just an advisor, he doesn't get to decide what Corlys does with his company.

You can spin it however you want to, but it just sounds you have a problem with adoption. :yeshrug: You seem like the kind of guy who would marry a girl with a kid and then be a horrible step dad who abuses the child for no reason.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It’s not both at all…Atleast on the show it’s not. Maybe the books are different I dunno

But on the show they only care about hair. Infact I’ve never heard a single reference to skin tone in this or game of thrones. When Alicent asked to see Joffrey right after he was born, the first thing she did was check the hair. Even when she tried to tell Viserys those were b*stards he went into a story about a horse being born with different color hair.

DUDE ITS A RUNNING JOKE
AT THIS POINT...

THE HAIR IS WHAT IS BEING
SAID VOCALLY WHILE THE
SKIN TONE IS BEING INSINUATED.

:mjlol:WHEN ALICENT TOLD THE HOMO
MAYBE THE NEXT ONE WILL
LOOK LIKE YOU SHE WASNT
TALKING ABOUT NO DAMN HAIR.

THE UNCLE TELLING RHAE
SHE WOULDNT KNOW WHAT
VELERYON BLOOD LOOKED LIKE
IF HE CUT HIS VEIN.

VAEMOND LITERALLY SAYS
IN THE INSIDE THE EPISODE
"THEYRE WHITE, THEYVE GOT BROWN HAIR,
VERY OBVIOUS
AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT
ITS THE PINK ELEPHANT
IN THE ROOM NO ONE WANTS
TO TALK ABOUT"

WE ALREADY SEE WHAT
TARG/VELARYON KIDS LOOK LIKE
IE LAENOR, LAENA, LAENAS DAUGHTERS.
:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Viserys didn’t have gangrene he had leprosy. I don’t know if that’s how leprosy is I’m real life but if so that shyt is horrifying.

LEPROSY WERE THE ULCERS
HE HAD ON HIS BACK...

THE CUT THAT LEAD TO ALL THE
AMPUTATION WAS DEFINITELY
GANGRENE.

:devil:
:evil:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
She got raped breh. How did you miss that?

I think he means that Cersei wouldn't have even bothered paying or giving her that moon tea. Servant girl would have been sent to The Mountain or Qyburn for her troubles. :francis:

EDIT: My bad. Nvm. :mjlol: I didn't even read the "slut" part in brehs post.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
In other news, new prophecy just dropped.

Halaena said:
"Beware the beast beneath the boards."

Lettuce discuss.
She says it right after Jace's toast as Aemond sits down. Any theories?
Littlefemur is a warg, like Bran. He controls or turns into those rats you see everywhere in the Red Keep. We haven’t heard the last of that cripple

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
But then in that scenario Corlys is the company owner who accepts the adopted kids as his own, and loves his unconventional family. He named the adopted kid to take over the company himself. His brother is just an advisor, he doesn't get to decide what Corlys does with his company.

You can spin it however you want to, but it just sounds you have a problem with adoption. :yeshrug: You seem like the kind of guy who would marry a girl with a kid and then be a horrible step dad who abuses the child for no reason.
I don't have a problem with adoption, but I'd definitely have a problem with an adopted child usurping my own place or my children's place in a family run and owned business.

I saw a story on tiktok about a girl engaged to a guy from a wealthy family.

She was at a dinner with his folks and they were pushing him to take a position in the family business and he declined, even though it was 200k annual and was super easy, minimal input necessary.

Later on, she floated it to him privately on her behalf and he came back to her and said, they said it's for family members only.

And they have every right to be that way cuz some ish is just for family.

And eat my shorts with that bs about abusing an adopted child off of me taking the world that they live in and understanding why characters feel the way they do.

And suck all seven inches of my dikk too.

That ish isn't adoption but cuckolding. Adoption is a legal, officiated process.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's both but not really. Don't get me wrong, we had two modern Targ/Breh marriages (Corlys/Rhaenys, Daemon/Laena) and all the children produced from them have the Brehlaryon skin tone and hair. Like Uncle Breh said during his eulogy, the blood is strong. So there would definitely be a flat earth Kyrie portion of Westeros that would speculate and look at Rhae/Laenors kids funny no matter how they came out once they weren't black with silver hair.

But as long as the kids had the inbred features/blonde hair there wouldn't be anyone willing to die on that sword. They would look like every other Targ seed and even Uncle Brehlaryon would be forced to lean back. The issue was/is that all three don't look Targ or Breh :francis:

That’s literally what I said…

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
the breh was already half black at that...even if it was a race thing, like wtf color did they think westeros expected :dead: they want the silver hair

and fans already called out how dark daemon's daughters are to be 1/4....

like people need to stop looking at skin color for this and stick with the lore, for which there has been a lot built up around the hair color of each house and how it plays into who has the stronger genes or who someone looks like (dark hair stark, except sansa who had the tully red, gold/blonde for lannisters, dark for boratheon's, silver for targs...and valryons) etc
So they just made them black for fun? Or do you think it was to further point out how little they resembled the Velaryons?