Game of the Generation Starfield has lost 97% of its players on Steam in less than six months

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sounds familiar
That’s what typically happens to single player games. People play them finish the story or drop them and life goes on. Todd was gassed by Skyrim but that’s not the norm. Also a game has to be way better than average for all that replay stuff.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s what typically happens to single player games. People play them finish the story or drop them and life goes on. Todd was gassed by Skyrim but that’s not the norm. Also a game has to be way better than average for all that replay stuff.
A single player game we were constantly told was not just the game of the generation but lots of content was going to be added and folks would be playing for years just like elder scrolls

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean it’s an ok single player game with a fairly medium length campaign. People played it, either beat it or dropped it, and moved on.
Skyrim and Old fallouts still get burn on steam. I would should know I probably spent a total of 500hrs over 10yrs replaying each game with mods :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A single player game we were constantly told was not just the game of the generation but lots of content was going to be added and folks would be playing for years just like elder scrolls
Do you just mindlessly believe whatever a talking head from a corporation tells you? I mean you quoting this guy like he's Moses walking down from the mountain with a tablet God carved. He's just a guy.

I bet the car dealers lick their chops when you walk into the building.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do you just mindlessly believe whatever a talking head from a corporation tells you? I mean you quoting this guy like he's Moses walking down from the mountain with a tablet God carved. He's just a guy.

I bet the car dealers lick their chops when you walk into the building.

This is coming from someone who licks phil Spencer’s taint cause he promises him ‘free’ games and believes a mega corporation spending 80 billion dollars is for the good of the people 😂

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It should because it’s a weak game. Its technical shortcomings aside, the game’s story isn’t great. The acting is just alright. All of the characters are rather wooden. There isn’t one companion that really stands out. It also doesn’t help that none of them will be in support of any unlawful act you do. Planets are boring with nothing to explore to excite you. The missions are repetitive and copy and paste. Everyone reuses assets, but I stepped on the same land mine, in the same location, for multiple side missions.

The game did not live up to its promise. It’s not anywhere close to being on the level of Skyrim or Fallout 3/NV/4. It definitely doesn’t have the legs that Skyrim has. It should not be a surprise to anyone that it’s lost so many players.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is coming from someone who licks phil Spencer’s taint cause he promises him ‘free’ games and believes a mega corporation spending 80 billion dollars is for the good of the people 😂
He’s been telling us constantly that Gamepass was the future because that’s what Phil Spencer’s been saying. Now look at him :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It should because it’s a weak game. Its technical shortcomings aside, the game’s story isn’t great. The acting is just alright. All of the characters are rather wooden. There isn’t one companion that really stands out. It also doesn’t help that none of them will be in support of any unlawful act you do. Planets are boring with nothing to explore to excite you. The missions are repetitive and copy and paste. Everyone reuses assets, but I stepped on the same land mine, in the same location, for multiple side missions.

The game did not live up to its promise. It’s not anywhere close to being on the level of Skyrim or Fallout 3/NV/4. It definitely doesn’t have the legs that Skyrim has. It should not be a surprise to anyone that it’s lost so many players.

The worst offense is that it’s just not fun to play or control.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The game was fun. Spent hundred of hours in it. But you can pretty much do everything major in the game in one play through.

Difficulty scaling isn't quite high enough for new game+ and if you've put a lot of time into outposts and ship building you're probably just going to wait for the expansion before diving back in.

Fun game. People have other shyt to play and they will. Just like every single player game.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
'thousands of planets(tm)' and still has less replayability, vastness and scale than a single act in BG3 :mjlol:

Mods keep Skyrim playable to this day. But Skyrim started life playable comparative to gaming standards at the time. Starfield came out looking and built like it was releasing 2 years after ES5 and not 10+. Standards improved and development didn't. Ol 14~ year old engine bullshyt

There have been 3+ entire iterations of Unreal Engine in that time and Bethesda still dragging the carcass of CE around, poking it with a stick hoping it'll do a trick.

Goddamn Bioware better pray they aren't on this same kind of timing when DA3 comes out. At this rate the top fantasy/sci-fi RPG space is about to leave it's previous standardbearers in the dark ages.