Game Informer is shutting down

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't care for Game Informer as a kid but they out lasted the big publications and when I used to have an subscription some time at the end of the PS3/360 era they were putting out some really good articles that felt like actual games journalism. They had a podcast that was really good too

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Still have a ton of these in a bin from back in the day. After years of not having a sub I got one for my son a couple months back. He only got 2 issues but he really enjoyed getting a gaming magazine sent to him in his name. The announcement really disappointed me for him.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Used to read Game Informer all the time even when I just played sports games :pachaha:
That was me. Knowing damn well I wasn’t going to buy any of those other games but still a good read.

TDT

All Star
Daps
Employees there were tweeting they were about 70% done with with the next magazine and already had a dope cover ready for it, then this news came outta noowhere
I bet it was going to be about GTA 6 in detail
This sucks tbh. Is it the end for gaming mags?
I think EDGE(UK mag) is still around..as well as PC Gamer

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
as a kid these were the magazines would go to the convience store at lunch and quickly scan through or if i had the money to buy would cop.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Wow, end of an era fr.

Still got stacks of old issues ranging from mid 2000s to 2010s damn near at my moms crib​

Same.
I tried to go the Digital Route when they stopped sending out their issues to magazine stores and did that Gamestop exclusive bullshyt, but it never hit the same.
As much as I loved Gamepro/Egm/Xpert Gamer and all the other publications before it, Game Informer just had that layout that made it feel like a production value magazine, like GQ or Men's Health in their prime.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
End of an era :wow:

Gamepro, EGM, and Game Informer were my childhood :wow:

EGM was legendary.

Remember "Next Generation"? I still have the Legend of Zelda: OoT cover and issue. :wow:

GOAT TIMES that 1998 still brings me.