Game Informer is shutting down

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn :flabbynsick: I remember renewing that mf at Gamestop faithfully. Probably still got a chunk of em in shoeboxes at mom’s crib. Ironically I don’t think I was ever as informed of what was going on in the industry as I was reading those. That toilet reading before cellphones :blessed:

What print magazines are even thriving atp?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Gamepro, Egm, egm2, video games magazine and it's tips and tricks spin off,next generation and gamefan all kept a young me fed on these gaming streets. Nothing like buying a magazine in the store and reading it all the way home, then scanning every bit of info you could. I wish I could remember which magazine it was, but it had a virtua fighter guide in it that I used to fukk up this a$$hole at the arcade I used to go to in marina del Rey. And another magazine burns out amongst the others lost

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:
End of an era, there was a time during my childhood when I wanted nothing more than to write for a gaming magazine, and now they're almost all gone.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Damn, i bet the issues will be collectibles now. Should have saved them

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Game Players/Ultra Game Players was my favorite as a kid. :mjcry:

I can't be the only one who sent in those subscription cards with "pay later" checked as a 12 year old, got a bunch of issues for free and never paid. :lolbron:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To echo others, GamePro was my childhood, as well as the mag that had the ps1 disk with playable demos. But I also remember Game Informer as an OG.

From 99 to 2003. it was an annual tradition to buy the Fall issues of these gaming mags with the reviews and featurettes of all the anticipated games i wanted for Christmas. Crash Warped, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, GTA, etc

Obviously IGN and GameSpot took over shortly after with the dot com explosion, but the magazine era... hell, the Toys R Us shopping catalogue era.. is something I'll always look back on fondly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game Informer on X: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty launched ...