Galaxy Fold $1980, Galaxy S10e $799 Galaxy S10 $899 Galaxy S10+ $999

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Come on fam. This shyt is ambitious as fukk and people were physically peeling the screen off which is why the defect was happening. The other dude sat the phone on some sticky clay substance to shoot a video and the residue got into the phone when he closed the hinge. Instead of nikkas shytting on Samsung they should be celebrating them for trying to bring something dope and innovative to the game. And they been creating and designing this phone for 8 years. So it’s not like they just made up some shyt and threw it out there. There’s always gonna be trail and error for version 1.0 of some shyt. And as far as why nikkas would fold a phone? Has anybody seen footage of that shyt? I was skeptical at first also but that shyt is dope as fukk. I dont care what nobody say.
I think that shyt is gaudy and unneccessary and I love Samsung products. I dont need a foldable tablet...I'd just get a tablet. The Huawei mate x looks more accessible in that regard and the price is less than this Samsung galaxy fold mess.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think that shyt is gaudy and unneccessary and I love Samsung products. I dont need a foldable tablet...I'd just get a tablet. The Huawei mate x looks more accessible in that regard and the price is less than this Samsung galaxy fold mess.
What's the attraction with tablets? A tablet is NOTHING COMPARED to the Note 9.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

hell yeah its extra gaudy. these fukkers are putting hinges and saran wrap on the damn phone knowing damn well people touch/use their phones a trillion times a day, drop it, lie it on the floor while charging it and put all kinds of cases on it. And on top of that they subject it to all kinds of environmental conditions. No fukking way I could see the Fold surviving those factors in the open position. Crease looks like a weak point and those magnets are strong as fukk.

I dunno, this shyt just isnt ready for prime time.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yep.

Huawei Mate X though looks cool in the meantime.
as more people use these designs, itll be more mainstream and become the norm. i feel like a lot of this is brand loyalty instead of looking at the bigger picture. how is a phone that becomes a tablet not cool? 20 years down the road n my eyes aint as good lemme tell ya, im gonna appreciate something that can fit into my pocket but can be big enough to read when i take it out. like i said i give it 5 years before this tech really hits its stride n we'll all benefit from it.:salute:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:what: no it isnt. It costs more than the Galaxy Fold. Do u nikkas actually do research? Also. nikkas said phones with 5 inch screens was too gaudy and they might as well get a tablet. Look now. That shyt is considered a small screen at this point.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
iFixit’s Samsung Galaxy Fold teardown reveals how the phone is dying
Tons of ingress points allow dirt to enter the device and damage the display.
Between this teardown and an earlier blog post, iFixit has been building a compelling theory for why the Fold has been dying an early death for some reviewers. The problem, simply, is ingress. While most other smartphones are resistant to the ingress of just about everything, to the point of being watertight, the Galaxy Fold is full of holes.

Looks like while they tested the shyt out of it in the in closed environments, outside environments werent tested well enough IMO

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Wow! :laff:
Thank god im off that "buy tech on day 1" bullshyt. I would legit be crying if my 2K phone broke. :russ:

Thank god my iphone xs max is so lovely right now. Even though it also was defective out the box and had to be replaced within a week. SMH

A phone that new, Apple is gonna replace no questions asked the same day.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Samsung comes with a instant one year replacement...screen, displays, ports, all of that. Common sense info.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Galaxy Fold: Watch us test its folding stamina
To test its durability, SquareTrade Inc., a San Francisco-based company that offers warranties for consumer electronics and appliances, developed a machine that can fold Galaxy Fold repeatedly, thousands of times over. CNET is using SquareTrade's machine to test the durability of a Galaxy Fold that we purchased for testing. Our plan is to fold the phone 200,000 times consecutively to mimic the number times a user would open and close the Fold over five years' usage. We livestreamed the event, which was expected to last until approximately 10 a.m. PT on Oct. 4, which is about how long we estimated it would take for our test phone to hit 200,000 folds. We ended the test at around 2 a.m. PT after 119,380 folds left the screen and hinge damaged.

:lolbron: