G4 Officially Cancelled Both X Play & AOTS

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Can they really make money with a video game channel? I know Games are huge but think about it.. Same with magazines.. We got phones Now.. These youngins ain't watching TV lol

As I said before, they could have been the forefront of the livestreaming wave but they abandoned the gaming aspect of G4 before they could. The executives didn't know what to do with the channel so they turned it into Spike TV 2.

One of the executives said back in 2007/08 that the reason for the shift from gaming was because "Gamers don't really watch people play games."

I know people can't see the future but
200.gif
they missed a hell of a bag.

Last edited:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
As I said before, they could have been the forefront of the livestreaming wave but they abandoned the gaming aspect of G4 before they could. The executives didn't know what to do with the channel so they turned it into Spike TV 2.

One of the executives said back in 2007/08 that the reason for the shift from gaming was because "Gamers don't really watch people play games."

200.gif
Why not Just do all That Now? Not to late. Wouldn't hurt at this point:yeshrug:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

200.gif

I really think the difference between what was said then vs the behemoth that game streaming now is the interaction.

Can't chat with the TV.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN

200.gif

Hell back in 08 I said the same.

Me and one of my friends wanted to do a Mystery science theater for anime and old games. Was mad amped started shooting our own pilot and said man who the fukk would watch people play video games and crack jokes . Not saying that we would of been famous but still

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disney XD had their own late night block of gaming shows last summer that was essentially the spiritual successor to G4. Even had their own AOTS and X-Play type shows.

It must not have done very well because they didn't bring it back.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yea in retrospect. They really missed out on a huge opportunity. All my son watches on youtube is other people play video games.

that all my daughters do to... its like we got the game.. you said daddy buy me this game but then you watch other mother fukkers play it...

me: why did I buy this again ..
kids: daddy .. so I can play..
me: when??

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Still miss AOTS
Kevin Perrira was a fun goofy dude
And the chicks were on point in terms of “nerdy” and attractiveness.
He has a show now on twitch called The Attack which I a spiritual succusor to AOTS. It's solid

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

200.gif
They could've been working directly with JTV(Justin Tv) that was already streaming games before they turned into Twitch. They fukked up...