FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Regarding the 'parking attendant' scene, there may be a further context, but I read the follow up scene as strictly comedy.....I mean, who wants to be interrupted in the middle of a date, or any meal, and have to run out and have a confrontation with a fukking predatory tow truck driver, who may already have your car attached? :laff: Vanessa made the right move lol
listen to ya girl brehs :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not if he gets super self consumed, distant, and distracted by the success that he forgets his family (which he already does now). She wants him to care about his daughter first and foremost. Other brehs have already broke it down. Van and his family don't have the problem with him because he's slumming it right now, it's because he isn't working hard to undo it.

I don't know why some of you seem to want/think Van to be a stereotype when none of the main characters are.

Agreed.

Hell he could be working at fukking Race Trac or Quick Trip making more than $5.15, providing for his daughter, and STILL using his spare time to make music moves with Albert. But like ALOT of smart/dumb nikkas he HAS to do it "his way". And that's the thing with a lot of us men. We want to accomplish things on OUR terms because it vindicates our self worth, and this is not a bad thing. But when you have children you have to be willing to compromise.

Earn isn't a bad guy, he isn't even really a bad father. But he's a bad PROVIDER and that's Van's beef with him. No woman worth her salt is going to want to wait around hoping that a man figures his shyt out while they've got a young mouth to feed. It's just part of male/female dynamics.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Top 5 scenes so far

1)Jail nikka u gay scene
2)Paper and Darius cleaning they guns
3) kids meal
4)lemon paper wet
5)paper boy with the ratchet chick and her bad ass kids

1) Jail gay scene
2) Jail homeboy scene (11 years)
3) White guy nikka scenes (both go together)
4) Lemon pepper wet
5) Kids meal

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yes I get that was the joke, it was a corny joke.

It wasn't necessary for you to know that was Migos, tho....that fact has no bearing on the show. If you miss it so be it. No need for a corny joke. And as you illustrated, even with the corny joke, some people still didn't catch it was Migos.

It's only ep 3..... For all we know they will come back.

Either way.... It really wasn't all that serious

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
XXxSA2gnSrOYizdHLYGfCr4kCUq3rEtt6MqwMHLub0s,ZCBrPUpaH9YkK7m6sPHog8usmYrsAF8zbfHQONrX0Rs-2.jpeg

150404_Zazie+Beetz+by+Adhat+Campos_NYC_3670.jpg

:takedat: She Fine

brehs, impregnating with twins :noah:

IMG_2036+(1).jpg
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
She already lettin the nikka stay in the crib, not pay rent, bailed his dumbas outta jail, takin care if the baby while he at paperboi house smokin and playin video games

If that aint lookin out idk what is :stopitslime: if anything he should cut her a check before anyone if he gets on

That's what I'd do if a chick was holdin me down while i disregard responsibilities and chase my dreams :manny:

also in the first episode she asked him to start paying rent, and he takes the bread and uses it as payola to get paper boi shyt on the radio.

I'm kinda confused why she keep talkin bout goin out with other dudes when she laid up in the same bed with earn playing house tho.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm :deadmanny: watching this, dude is on this date and he damn near had a heart attack when hearing about the soup and what not.

should have took her to chilis instead.
Word :ohhh:

Why ain't the nikka go to applebees and cop that 2 for 20 shyt :why:

Ain't no shame in my game :myman:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Agreed.

Hell he could be working at fukking Race Trac or Quick Trip making more than $5.15, providing for his daughter, and STILL using his spare time to make music moves with Albert. But like ALOT of smart/dumb nikkas he HAS to do it "his way". And that's the thing with a lot of us men. We want to accomplish things on OUR terms because it vindicates our self worth, and this is not a bad thing. But when you have children you have to be willing to compromise.

Earn isn't a bad guy, he isn't even really a bad father. But he's a bad PROVIDER and that's Van's beef with him. No woman worth her salt is going to want to wait around hoping that a man figures his shyt out while they've got a young mouth to feed. It's just part of male/female dynamics.
:whew: well said

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
also in the first episode she asked him to start paying rent, and he takes the bread and uses it as payola to get paper boi shyt on the radio.

I'm kinda confused why she keep talkin bout goin out with other dudes when she laid up in the same bed with earn playing house tho.
:mjlol: because she is waiting to be saved, as soon as some simp is ready to play the russ wilson role she gonna kick ern out. I bet that happens sometime this season.