FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I think paperboy gonna get exposed, whoever yelling worldstar was probably recording and it'll turn out he didn't shoot ole boy but shot int he air or some shyt.
I can definitely see some shyt like that. :ohhh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think paperboy gonna get exposed, whoever yelling worldstar was probably recording and it'll turn out he didn't shoot ole boy but shot int he air or some shyt.
The news said ole boy was wounded and Earn asks paperboi "do you think he's dead?" When they were at the station, so he def got shot

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at

Yeah I'm tryna figure out what happened to dude because the news report said he got injured but also said he dipped before 12 got there. So how would they know he was injured if he wasn't there:jbhmm:

Might be the worldstsar cats cuz I doubt Earn or Darius said something

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I'm tryna figure out what happened to dude because the news report said he got injured but also said he dipped before 12 got there. So how would they know he was injured if he wasn't there:jbhmm:

Might be the worldstsar cats cuz I doubt Earn or Darius said something
People get shot and flee the scene all the time, it usually blood traces/cameras/witnesses that let them know someone got hit

Did anyone notice the deja vu tho? It wasnt the dog, it was the nikkas u see in the background behind the dog, they walk down the street when Darius first looks, then minutes later when he looks again you see the same 2 dudes walking by in the same direction

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
People get shot and flee the scene all the time, it usually blood traces/cameras/witnesses that let them know someone got hit

Did anyone notice the deja vu tho? It wasnt the dog, it was the nikkas u see in the background behind the dog, they walk down the street when Darius first looks, then minutes later when he looks again you see the same 2 dudes walking by in the same direction

That's what I was thinking at first but when them nikkas bailed out so quick I doubt he popped ol boy. Especially since dude had a stick too

Daps
When Earn first goes to paperboi house and Darius got the knife behind the wall

This nikka STILL had the plate of cookies in his hand :dead: what if it was someone tryna rob the crib forreal, nikka shoulda put them shyts down

The show is full of nuances like this.

Maybe I been kickin it on the coli too long but I saw MANY coli characters in the show. From the very beginning "Oh you that PaperBoi dude huh? :ohhh:...nikka that shyt is trash! :pacspit:" If that aint a coli nikka I dont know what is.

and the dude at the wingstop that was stannin extra wit the "real hip hop" type shyt. "Don't let me me down.... I dont know what i'd do.. :francis:"

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember reading a Village Voice interview about 4 years ago with Donald talking about this show. So much time went by I thought FX scrapped it but damn did he deliver on his vision:wow:. I felt like I could fit right in with Earn, Paper, and Darius. Everything felt real and relatable.

What struck me was the dark moments wedged between the jokes.

-Bite this sandwich
-Don't let me down
-The crazy guy's screams after the cop clubbed him
-Kids playing with the toy gun
-"Gay" dude threatening to stab the old dude.
-Batman mask

If y'all watched Bino's videos directed by Hiro Murai they always have that creepy element and they brought that to Atlanta.

I'm wondering what happened with the shooting because Paperboy was looking nervous at the wing spot? It didn't go down how the waiter thought it did.

What happened at Princeton?:lupe: