FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i didnt see the stick up at the beginning until my 4th watch. damn
Yea i figured there was a reason for the shyt going on in the spotlight bein so regular

Minus the alligator and breh mowing the lawn at night :mjlol:

I cant figure out if that's supposed to be a dead body behind paperboy right before the strip club shot tho :jbhmm: looks like it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm white and from the north-east... what the hell does Robbin' Season mean? i assume it's literal?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm white and from the north-east... what the hell does Robbin' Season mean? i assume it's literal?
Xmas time is literally robbing season down south

Summertime it's damn near a nationwide thing in bad areas

Glover wanted to make a distinction between the two seasons so im positive its gonna be one of these settings

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
A more serialized Atlanta :banderas:. This shyt is going to enter the pantheon of the all time greats soon :blessed:
I'm ready either way but I can't front, the top 5-10 funniest moments of Season 1 had nothing to do with continuity :pachaha:

• The invisible car
  • The whole PaperBoi interview ep with the commercials
  • The kid with the white facepiant and the :shaq: face in Van's class
  • The jail scene
  • The club promoter continuously disappearing
I hope they can continue the random fukkery even if they tighten up the story :wow:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I'm ready either way but I can't front, the top 5-10 funniest moments of Season 1 had nothing to do with continuity :pachaha:

• The invisible car
  • The whole PaperBoi interview ep with the commercials
  • The kid with the white facepiant and the :shaq: face in Van's class
  • The jail scene
  • The club promoter continuously disappearing
I hope they can continue the random fukkery even of they tighten up the story :wow:

Yeah me too. I think they will get even stronger performances out of the cast, i need multiple Emmy noms not just for Donald. I also feel like a more focused story can heighten the jokes when they appear

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Yeah me too. I think they will get even stronger performances out of the cast, i need multiple Emmy noms not just for Donald. I also feel like a more focused story can heighten the jokes when they appear
As much as i like him he is definately the weakest actor out of the main 4, looks like hes sleeping half the time.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
As much as i like him he is definately the weakest actor out of the main 4, looks like hes sleeping half the time.

I wouldnt say the weakest, but I just feel he got the acting nom and award because he was the biggest name of the cast.

Bryan tyree Henry was the star of the season if were being 100% real but i guess he wasn't #relatable enough lol.

I hope they let lakeith stanfield flex his skills and not just be the stoned philosopher, he has a lot of range.

Zazie is great too, I liked the episode focused on her.

The amount of talent on this show is crazy in front of and behind the camera. I hope they get what they deserve and it helps FX get more recognition as well