FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I worry about the status of this show if/when FX gets bought by Disney.......:lupe:

Atlanta is FX’s most critically acclaimed show of last year and the most successful series they’ve had in 5 years. Disney won’t do anything to fukk with Atlanta because they don’t want to piss off Donald, whose already a part of two MAJOR Disney franchises (Spider Man and Star Wars)

Donald Glover has serious bargaining power in this situation, he’s an Emmy/Golden Globe/Critics Choice winner and about to be a Grammy winner with a solid team backing him. If he said “fukk y’all. I’m walking” EVERY studio in Hollywood would be vying for his services

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Atlanta is FX’s most critically acclaimed show of last year and the most successful series they’ve had in 5 years. Disney won’t do anything to fukk with Atlanta because they don’t want to piss off Donald, whose already a part of two MAJOR Disney franchises (Spider Man and Star Wars)

Donald Glover has serious bargaining power in this situation, he’s an Emmy/Golden Globe/Critics Choice winner and about to be a Grammy winner with a solid team backing him. If he said “fukk y’all. I’m walking” EVERY studio in Hollywood would be vying for his services

That does make sense. I just hope Disney and Donald see it that way. They could move his show to there Disney/marvel/fox "Netflix" as well and force fans to pay for it.....

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I worry about the status of this show if/when FX gets bought by Disney.......:lupe:

Don't worry I have a feeling Disney will not fukk with the success of FX. ABC can be their cookie cutter bullshyt and FX can reamain a prestige network full of piff. Landgraf is the TV God rn and I think he would push back if they tried to censor FX.

Supposedly freeform will fall under landgraf, and he can use revamp that network with more female skewing top quality shows.

I think the deal is mainly to build up that content library of theirs to solidify their spot against Netflix and others.

The deal brings them a lot of those superheroes too, which could open up some more theme park stuff that universal doesnt have the rights for.

That streaming service by Disney is going to be expensive as fukk lol

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
GotDAMN how much shyt is DIsney trying to own??? :picard:

They about to own almost all of Marvel
The Simpsons (which nobody is talking about but is still huge)
Disney Classic
Star Wars
FX & Fox entertainment content
ABC entertainment content

Netflix has to know they :ufdup:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
72Kz7Jj.jpg