Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
@Milk N Cookies
Insecure will definitely never win an Emmy. :lolbron::mjlol:

There's levels to this.

giphy.gif

Breh I said the same fukking thing... I don't understand why I don't even think it will take longer for Issa to get hers. It's truly fukked up. I mean for fukks sake she parodied Underground that alone should have gotten her an award.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
giphy.gif

Breh I said the same fukking thing... I don't understand why I don't even think it will take longer for Issa to get hers. It's truly fukked up. I mean for fukks sake she parodied Underground that alone should have gotten her an award.

Insecure will get it's due. It's too good for the academy to ignore forever. She and her management need to get HBO to give her some push since he show has already proven itself and is critically acclaimed.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see Insecure getting snubbed because, as the name implies, it portrays women in as messy, imperfect and manipulative.

Academies and critics love jerking off to movies and TV shows that portray women as strong, empowered and having their shyt together, which Issa and Molly are anything but.

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't a ton of think pieces about how "anti-feminist" the show is.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Awaken My Love highest - selling and best- reviewed album of his career.
"Redbone" most successful single of his career.
Atlanta winning two Emmys, plus Golden Globes and SAG awards.
Young Lando (getting that Star Wars $$$$)
Miles Morales' uncle (getting that MCU $$$$)
Young Simba (getting paid by Disney 3x)
Atlanta season 2 on deck.
Deadpool animated series on deck.
Makes nothing but male heirs (one son with another son on the way)

:whoo:. Can Bino lose? :wow:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Awaken My Love highest - selling and best- reviewed album of his career.
"Redbone" most successful single of his career.
Atlanta winning two Emmys, plus Golden Globes and SAG awards.
Young Lando (getting that Star Wars $$$$)
Miles Morales' uncle (getting that MCU $$$$)
Young Simba (getting paid by Disney 3x)
Atlanta season 2 on deck.
Deadpool animated series on deck.
Makes nothing but male heirs (one son with another son on the way)

:whoo:. Can Bino lose? :wow:

xd8000.gif

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Insecure will get it's due. It's too good for the academy to ignore forever. She and her management need to get HBO to give her some push since he show has already proven itself and is critically acclaimed.

I can see Insecure getting snubbed because, as the name implies, it portrays women in as messy, imperfect and manipulative.

Academies and critics love jerking off to movies and TV shows that portray women as strong, empowered and having their shyt together, which Issa and Molly are anything but.

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't a ton of think pieces about how "anti-feminist" the show is.

Atlanta is pure art. Insecure is.... simply not Emmy worthy. Too much schlock and not enough ART.

Insecure will never win, deal with it.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

Cause they don't know how to write it without starting the article with "I don't mean to be racists but....."

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Atlanta is pure art. Insecure is.... simply not Emmy worthy. Too much schlock and not enough ART.

Insecure will never win, deal with it.

Are we saying it'll never win or never be nominated?

I'd be willing to do a ban bet with you that within 2 years it'll garner at least some type of nomination