FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Invisible Car/Club FUKKERY:dead:

Paper Boi mixtape turnin Zayne into a Crash Test Test Dummy:deadmanny:

'nikka I can be :eat: these kids instead of their cereal':deadrose:

...so what's everybody else Top 3 Eps of Season 1:russ:
Do you know what the deal was with the invisible car? That shyt went over my head

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but why was that funny lol
Darius mentioned it to Paperboy earlier in the episode, Paperboy gave him the :comeon:, Darius showed him the instagram of dude leaning on the "invisible car" Paperboy gave him the :martin:

The audience and Paperboy think there's no such thing as an invisible car and Darius is stupid as fukk for believing there is a such thing.

Daps
bro you didn't even finish explaining it ...

Darius mentioned it to Paperboy earlier in the episode, Paperboy gave him the :comeon:, Darius showed him the instagram of dude leaning on the "invisible car" Paperboy gave him the :martin:

The audience and Paperboy think there's no such thing as an invisible car and Darius is stupid as fukk for believing there is a such thing.

... and then end of episode, when some guy is getting clapped in the parking lot, lo and behold u see marcus jetting out in his 'experimental' whip

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but why was that funny lol
coleman_wtf.gif

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I had no idea that jacket episode was the season finale :dahell:

Im checking my sites to see if a new episode dropped and something told me to just google and see how many episodes were left

How they just gonna end the season like that

I mean I like the show but nothing really happened all season

Is this supposed to be like Seinfeld? A show about nothing?

Kinda disappointed right now

Daps
I had no idea that jacket episode was the season finale :dahell:

Im checking my sites to see if a new episode dropped and something told me to just google and see how many episodes were left

How they just gonna end the season like that

I mean I like the show but nothing really happened all season

Is this supposed to be like Seinfeld? A show about nothing?

Kinda disappointed right now

yea I guess that's the style Gambino was going for. To be honest, I would have preferred a more straightforward narrative as well, but I still enjoyed the gems dropped here and there in various episodes.

let's wait for 2017 to see what's up with the new season

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Something I haven't seen talked about yet is the depth of the moment in the finale when Earn hands his money to his girl.

There are so many primal aspects to the male/female dynamic, no matter how independent you consider your girl to be or how unmaterialistic she is. I don't think she's a gold digger but look how her attitude towards him and her whole demeanor changes once he provides her with resources. Earn is too intelligent not to have noticed it, and both the chick and Glover play the moment to perfection. I can't wait to see how the dynamic between them changes when Earn us the primary breadwinner.

Again, not calling her a golddigger, she clearly loves him and even supports him/provides him with shelter, but it was such an interesting moment for me, done with such subtlety and great acting. Phenomenal moment in a phenomenal show

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
Something I haven't seen talked about yet is the depth of the moment in the finale when Earn hands his money to his girl.

There are so many primal aspects to the male/female dynamic, no matter how independent you consider your girl to be or how unmaterialistic she is. I don't think she's a gold digger but look how her attitude towards him and her whole demeanor changes once he provides her with resources. Earn is too intelligent not to have noticed it, and both the chick and Glover play the moment to perfection. I can't wait to see how the dynamic between them changes when Earn us the primary breadwinner.

Again, not calling her a golddigger, she clearly loves him and even supports him/provides him with shelter, but it was such an interesting moment for me, done with such subtlety and great acting. Phenomenal moment in a phenomenal show

When I saw the episode, I thought she reacted that way because she was proud of him as man who went out and made money the right way for their family. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets her pregnant again next season. Remember the car scene?