FX Presents: Mayans MC - Official Series Thread (Sons of Anarchy Spinoff)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mexicans don't even really look Mexican lol. Cartel guy looks extra soft.

they got the whitest 'mexicans' they could find.

i really tried but this show is awful....plain awful

the fights that make no sense...the terrible shootouts.....the plot :mjgrin:

i gave sutter a shot...because i liked sons in the beginning....that jumped the shark and i quit that show too.....

cant kill brain cells with this one

im a bike fanatic...and their bikes even suck :francis:

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
I think they should of never made dude a informant

You can predict whats going to happen since he is working

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Story is better than S1 of SOA but this is just idk how to pin point the problem. No one to really root for ez starting off as a rat everyone else basically being boring. You know the brother of ez finna die soon. Only dude that seems to have a backstory is Coco.

Soa first few seasons were great and even after that it was still entertaining to watch

This is meh

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
Might be another b*stard executioner and last 1 season. Also elgin james was a stupid choice when i saw sutter say he brought him on to add that latino spin. Dude was a thug that would beat up people in the hardcore scene in boston with his crew. Then turned into a fakkit and dipped out west.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
There's no point in trying to stay away from SoA...a spinoff will always be compared to its parent show.....i.e. Frasier, which knocked Cheers out the ballpark, or Trapper M.D.. If you're gonna make a spin off it better be epic. The good?

It happens after all the shyt with Jax. The bad? While SoA was Shakespeare, this is a take on the whole "informant" story arc. Which can work (Blacklist), it just won't hold up. The best twists Sutter can provide with this plot, is the "in too deep" angle But that only works if he was undercover (ala Donnie Brasco). Jax's struggle was finding a way to get out, but ultimately choosing/sacrificing himself for the club. He was born into it, of course he has to die by it. Its cathartic. EZ being an informant due to his killing of a cop, ends in two ways. He dies, or he kills his brother who will eventually find out that he's a snitch. Either way his journey isn't one of redemption, loyalty or greatness, its one of escape. Those stories always suck.

Onto the other bads; Theme is straight garbo. Coco is the only reason to watch..this is bad since the show isn't called "Coco and Pals". As Much as I loved Tig and Juice in SoA, I knew it was ultimately about two people, Jax and Clay. I don't see the antithesis to EZ besides his moral compass. He's a prospect/informant, his battle is with himself ala Juice in the original show. This isn't going to end with him leading the club, getting rid of the club or becoming a full blown, hardcore member of the club. Its going to be sophomoric and that does not bode well for a spinoff.

Frasier went from hanging out at a bar to become the #1 talk show in Seattle - who slayed 10's all over and was never content with himself.

Family Matters had Steve Urkle, a super genius who could literally create anything.

Angel was better than Buffy because it was about the slayer's opposition, who turned out to be a champion who was destined to save the universe....

My point being; you gotta think big, if you're doing a spinoff. Not modest.

Last edited:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I have to agree with the criticisms, especially the one about the cartel guy. I'm not seeing anything menacing about the actor playing him and maybe it's because the only other thing I saw him in was Law and Order but he'd be better off playing a cop or member of law enforcement. I'm not sure why they went with the informant angle in Season 1 they might as well made one of the characters a secret drug addict to add on to the tedious storylines. I also agree with y'all about the theme sucking, it feels inauthentic.

I do plan to stick out the season, I only watch 4 other shows anyway.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no point in trying to stay away from SoA...a spinoff will always be compared to its parent show.....i.e. Frasier, which knocked Cheers out the ballpark, or Trapper M.D.. If you're gonna make a spin off it better be epic. The good?

It happens after all the shyt with Jax. The bad? While SoA was Shakespeare, this is a take on the whole "informant" story arc. Which can work (Blacklist), it just won't hold up. The best twists Sutter can provide with this plot, is the "in too deep" angle But that only works if he was undercover (ala Donnie Brasco). Jax's struggle was finding a way to get out, but ultimately choosing/sacrificing himself for the club. He was born into it, of course he has to die by it. Its cathartic. EZ being an informant due to his killing of a cop, ends in two ways. He dies, or he kills his brother who will eventually find out that he's a snitch. Either way his journey isn't one of redemption, loyalty or greatness, its one of escape. Those stories always suck.

Onto the other bads; Theme is straight garbo. Coco is the only reason to watch..this is bad since the show isn't called "Coco and Pals". As Much as I loved Tig and Juice in SoA, I knew it was ultimately about two people, Jax and Clay. I don't see the antithesis to EZ besides his moral compass. He's a prospect/informant, his battle is with himself ala Juice in the original show. This isn't going to end with him leading the club, getting rid of the club or becoming a full blown, hardcore member of the club. Its going to be sophomoric and that does not bode well for a spinoff.

Frasier went from hanging out at a bar to become the #1 talk show in Seattle - who slayed 10's all over and was never content with himself.

Family Matters had Steve Urkle, a super genius who could literally create anything.

Angel was better than Buffy because it was about the slayer's opposition, who turned out to be a champion who was destined to save the universe....

My point being; you gotta think big, if you're doing a spinoff. Not modest.

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

I ain’t read all that shyt.. I stopped at Frasier>> Cheers... Are you serious? I’ve never watched Frasier so don’t play with my feelings... if Frasier is truly better than cheers, then I need to carve out some time to binge watch...