FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I hope this next season is good, they said they were going to change the format to be more of a single narrative rather than being all over the place and this could be either good or bad, we will see.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Donald Glover Can’t Save You

You guys have to check out this piece from the New Yorker about Atlanta and Donald Glover. A lot of good quotes and insight. Dude will say things to have you go from :dahell: to :jbhmm: to :ohhh: all at once.

They started talking about trap music, a poundingly kinetic form of Atlanta rap that originated in the crack-and-weed dens known as trap houses. “The rhythm of it is interesting,” Beetz said, “but I feel abandoned by the lyrics. Rhyming ‘blunt’ with ‘blunt’ with ‘blunt’—”

“It’s music for making drugs by,” Glover explained, his brow furrowing. He lost his virginity to a trap song, and one of his goals for “Atlanta” is to make the show feel as vital as the music that constitutes half its soundtrack.

Cornelius said, “I agree with her, though. You want some more metaphorical language, like Jay-Z.”

“Jay-Z be saying the same shyt, too!” Glover said. “O.K., take ‘The Race,’ by Tay-K. Play that fukk right now, if you got it.” As Cornelius searched Spotify, Glover explained, “Tay-K was sixteen and on the run for murder when he made this song. It’s a real Jesse James story.” He pulled up Tay-K’s photo on his phone as “The Race” began to boom. Glover said, “Look at this kid! He’s a baby! He never had a chance! Y’all are forgetting what rap is. Rap is ‘I don’t care what you think in society, wagging your finger at me for calling women “bytches”—when, for you to have two cars, I have to live in the projects.’ ”

“That makes me think differently about it,” Beetz said.

Glover stared off. “Young black kid in Texas with a murder on him,” he said, finally. “He’s definitely going to die, and it’s sad.”
:ehh:

The year that “Internet” came out, Glover appeared in two episodes of HBO’s “Girls”—cast, he suspected, to placate critics of the show’s lily-white sensibility. His character was Sandy, the black Republican boyfriend of Hannah, played by Lena Dunham. When Hannah broke up with him, Sandy began pumping his shoulders to imitate her privileged cluelessness: “ ‘Oh, I’m a white girl, and I moved to New York and I’m having a great time, and, Oh, I’ve got a fixed-gear bike, and I’m going to date a black guy and we’re going to go to a dangerous part of town.’ ” Dunham told me that Glover improvised his lines: “Every massive insult of white women was one hundred per cent him. I e-mailed him later to say ‘I hope you feel the part on “Girls” didn’t tokenize you,’ and his response was really Donald-y and enigmatic: ‘Let’s not think back on mistakes we made in the past, let’s just focus on what lies in front of us.’ ”
:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
We in the cut..

giphy.gif

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I hope this next season is good, they said they were going to change the format to be more of a single narrative rather than being all over the place and this could be either good or bad, we will see.

Heard the same. Also heard, via TV Avalanche podcast, there's not going to be much Darius in the beginning but the new character some what fills the void.

And a more linear storyline is probably better. Depending too much on the strange could become a crutch.