Fukk this team Fukk this Front office Fukk everybody - Official Raptors 2023/2024 Thread

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The starters seem to gel really well, the bench is just as shytty as last year though. Why they exercised Flynn's option, I'll never know. I wouldn't even trust Flynn with a G-League squad, let alone be the 1st guard off the bench

I hope he pans out. He's really good at moving without the ball, but he's so inconsistent right now.
I think it's most likely a confidence thing because like you said he's good off-ball, but there's a slight hesitation when he gets the ball.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I still don't know why they signed jalen mcdaniels, same with flynn option and same with picking up thad young and signing garrett temple

Raps may be the only team in the league where there 12-15th men are old vets instead of youngsters

I like Jalen McDaniels as a cheap wing, but he clearly cannot score on his own. Putting him with Precious, Gary and Flynn...none of whom can pass the ball is asking for trouble. He's in that Torrey Craig, Yuta Watanabe and Danuel House tier of okay athletic wings who can hit a shot. The construction of that 2nd unit is weird.

I'm sure they picked up those options cause they can be salary filler for trades, but you have to be realistic. Masai and Bobby haven't made a good trade in years. They should've just let them go and try out cheaper options. Having Young, Flynn, Porter and Temple take up $21 mil of cap space is criminal

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I like Jalen McDaniels as a cheap wing, but he clearly cannot score on his own. Putting him with Precious, Gary and Flynn...none of whom can pass the ball is asking for trouble. He's in that Torrey Craig, Yuta Watanabe and Danuel House tier of okay athletic wings who can hit a shot. The construction of that 2nd unit is weird.

I'm sure they picked up those options cause they can be salary filler for trades, but you have to be realistic. Masai and Bobby haven't made a good trade in years. They should've just let them go and try out cheaper options. Having Young, Flynn, Porter and Temple take up $21 mil of cap space is criminal

Yup I'd rather they signed a bunch of unproven young guys a harry giles, cam reddish, bol bol etc and see maybe you can unlock something

thad young was prob heading to retirement then oh crap y'all paying 8 mill to do nothing :blessed:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i really cant believe malachi flynn is the first guard of the bench, he wouldn't even start for maccabi tel aviv, they might as well see whatt nowell can do

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Why the raps game is on tsn4? Talk about hustling backwards. They should promote and showcase the raptors brand at all time but instead they relegate raps games on obscure niche channels.

Anyway most raps fans are actually tech savvy/cord cutters/online streamers so raps are still popular not with typical cable users who are usually older than 45.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why the raps game is on tsn4? Talk about hustling backwards. They should promote and showcase the raptors brand at all time but instead they relegate raps games on obscure niche channels.

Anyway most raps fans are actually tech savvy/cord cutters/online streamers so raps are still popular not with typical cable users who are usually older than 45.

tsn cares more about hockey and cfl that no one watches

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps

Isn't TSN4 the original TSN on basic cable? I swear the other numbered ones are the ones that come with packages.