Daps
Reppin
London
Follow up questions..

Can you take fin and min together.

How does that work.

Fin in the morning, min at night?
That is correct.

Ideally you take finasteride daily, minoxidil twice per day and nizoral shampoo daily.

Be careful with minoxidil I've heard of accelerated skin aging, dry skin, eyebrow dandruff, large skin flakes in hair (so shampoo daily)

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Fin is what you wanna take.

This will help slow down hair loss, stabilise it and maintain what you have currently.

Min is for regrowth, but doesn’t address the underlying cause.
Even after a hair transplant patients are supposed to take fin. Otherwise they'll continue to lose hair in non-transplanted areas.

The only exception is if you're like 40 then you've already lost most of the hair you're gonna lose.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Follow up questions..

Can you take fin and min together.

How does that work.

Fin in the morning, min at night?
Yeah you can do.

Typically Minoxidil is applied twice a day and usually comes in a foam and a liquid.
There is an oral tablet version of it too, but less commonly prescribed.

Fin commonly prescribed as a tablet taken once a day.

Both are life long commitments - well as long as you want to keep your hair.

Something to note with Min especially, any regrowth you experience from it will only be kept as long as you continue using Min.

The hairs are dependant on Min essentially, so if you decide to stop you’re gonna lose them - I’ve experienced this personally lol.

Both fin and min may cause a temporary shed of hair but trust the process, the hair will grow back.

If you’ve not lost a lot of hair yet and you’re in the early stages you could probably get away with just Fin.

I’m currently using Min 2x and Fin daily.

Last edited:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Yeah you can do.

Typically Minoxidil is applied twice a day and usually comes in a foam and a liquid.
There is an oral tablet version of it too, but less commonly prescribed.

Fin commonly prescribed as a tablet taken once a day.

Both are life long commitments - well as long as you want to keep your hair.

Something to note with Min especially, any regrowth you experience from it will only be kept as long as you continue using Min.

The hairs are dependant on Min essentially, so if you decide to stop you’re gonna lose them - I’ve experienced this personally lol.

Both fin and min may cause a temporary shed of hair but trust the process, the hair will grow back.

If you’ve not lost a lot of hair yet and you’re in the early stages you could probably get away with just Fin.

I’m currently using Min 2x and Fin daily.
Now after your FUE, will you only just be on the Fin only I assume?

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
That is correct.

Ideally you take finasteride daily, minoxidil twice per day and nizoral shampoo daily.

Be careful with minoxidil I've heard of accelerated skin aging, dry skin, eyebrow dandruff, large skin flakes in hair (so shampoo daily)
Those min side effects are a tad bit scary for me. I'm too superficial and even though I'm 31 I get away with looking 25 coz I'm very meticulous with my skin care routine and don't drink/smoke or eat unhealthy foods.
Restoration of my hairline will make me look 22 max

When you say ages you, are you referring to your entire skin/face or just the part it's applied to.

If I was a guy who looked better (DMX, Tupac, Tyrese etc ) with the skinhead look, I wouldn't be here, but some of us simply look like 2 different people with our hair vs without it.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Oh BTW brehs. For aesthetics fullness purposes why do brehs not dye their hair?...

There are different "black" hair dyes, the "super black" one is too extreme and looks fake.

But the regular black dye gives your hair the illusion of FULLNESS.

I've even told black woman who go natural that if they simply dye their hair it will give it the aesthetic look of the hair being very full even when their afro is still relatively small.

I've not seen any of the brehs pre or post operation suggest this very simple hack.

Even the guys who are experiencing thinning by your corners, whilst you're still waiting on the min/fin to take effect dying it will greatly reduced the look of thinning.

And you only gotta dye your hair once a month at the most

You always dye your hair AFTER you get your preferred haircut.

The before and after contrast speak for itself

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How is the donee area, I went down the rabbit hole on Reddit and they had horror stories about Asli Tarcan
Man I've been some nightmare stories with that clinic. Most people complain they o er harvest.
I'm looking at Smile clinic, my hairline is good but I may bring it down just a bit and my beard needs some help

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Man I've been some nightmare stories with that clinic. Most people complain they o er harvest.
I'm looking at Smile clinic, my hairline is good but I may bring it down just a bit and my beard needs some help
Yea so far my hair is growing back slowly. It’s going to be a little thin after but you can just tell them you don’t want 5k graphs. Tell them to not do more than 4K or something. The people on YouTube or Reddit complaining be over stating it. It ain’t that bad.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
This is the recession I've experienced over the last 5 years.
Might not look too bad, but based on how impeccable my hairline was this is dreadful... And looks worse in person than in a pic.

Screenshot-20220726-154731-com-whatsapp.jpg

The orange dots is roughly where my hairline used to be

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
When you say ages you, are you referring to your entire skin/face or just the part it's applied to.
I would presume the minoxidil is drying out the skin in people's faces so they appear older. So it's probably temporary.

Though I've heard horror stories of people quitting minoxidil and having to go back on it after the shedding from quitting.

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
I would presume the minoxidil is drying out the skin in people's faces so they appear older. So it's probably temporary.

Though I've heard horror stories of people quitting minoxidil and having to go back on it after the shedding from quitting.
Any from using Min regrowth is Min dependant.

So yes you’ll go through a big shed especially if you’ve had a lot of regrowrh lol.

Not for the faint
This is the recession I've experienced over the last 5 years.
Might not look too bad, but based on how impeccable my hairline was this is dreadful... And looks worse in person than in a pic.

Screenshot-20220726-154731-com-whatsapp.jpg

The orange dots is roughly where my hairline used to be

wouldn’t expect Min to regrow your hairline back to its original place.

More for a hair transplant to do.

You might just be going through what they call a mature hairline, your hair still seems quite thick and healthy.

I think you jumping on Fin alone would be sufficient in the meantime.

Min would probably help thicken the front edges up a bit.

However I’d give Fin a go first for 6-12 months then reassess in regard to adding to Minoxidil.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Any from using Min regrowth is Min dependant.

So yes you’ll go through a big shed especially if you’ve had a lot of regrowrh lol.

Not for the faint

wouldn’t expect Min to regrow your hairline back to its original place.

More for a hair transplant to do.

You might just be going through what they call a mature hairline, your hair still seems quite thick and healthy.

I think you jumping on Fin alone would be sufficient in the meantime.

Min would probably help thicken the front edges up a bit.

However I’d give Fin a go first for 6-12 months then reassess in regard to adding to Minoxidil.

From my research DHI seems to be a superior procedure to FUE.

Far less trauma on the scalp.

What's your take

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard

From my research DHI seems to be a superior procedure to FUE.

Far less trauma on the scalp.

What's your take

Honestly I’m not too familiar with the different techniques, I know FUE is generally most common now.

It’s gonna depend on how many grafts you need from what I understand.

I think more important firstly is finding a good surgeon with a good track record, especially for dealing with Afro hair