FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh really busted out a purchase they made in 1993, when there wasn't even a Sony console out to develop for. :dead:

How do all y'all find the time and energy to do this fanboy shyt on weekends? shyt is crazy.
Like I said, don't quote me if all you're going to do is lie and misrepresent shyt. :camby:
Y'all CLEARLY DON'T understand just how instrumental psygnosis was to playstation even existing. Let alone the early game development. The funny thing is it's so integral to Sony that they have closed down and rebought the same studios and off shoots of it like 3 times with xdev and firesprite and I think one more that I can't recall ATM

Sony knows how much a boon having an established publisher is , and they don't want to see that happen with Xbox and Activision/blizzard.

Saying it was a long time ago would be fine if it was just some random publisher that just dropped games.

Funny thing is if Sony didn't purchase psygnosis years ago and then firesprite recently y'all wouldn't be getting some of your beloved vr games now.

On top of that there was a ton of growing pains that Sony went through with the company. But let y'all tell it and only it's a MS only thing :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No reasonable person would ever compare Activision Blizzard to Bungie.

Bungie is a game developer who just self-publishes their own games.

Activision Blizzard is an entire publishing house with a large number of game development studios under their umbrella. Some even larger than Bungie.

One is not like the other.

Xbox stans will twist reality to further the underdog narrative. :mjlol:
psygnosis would be a better comparison in fact a greater one, but y'all act like it doesn't exist since it "happened so long ago" even though you are getting games from people that were on that team in 2023.

:hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Y'all CLEARLY DON'T understand just how instrumental psygnosis was to playstation even existing. Let alone the early game development. The funny thing is it's so integral to Sony that they have closed down and rebought the same studios and off shoots of it like 3 times with xdev and firesprite and I think one more that I can't recall ATM

Sony knows how much a boon having an established publisher is , and they don't want to see that happen with Xbox and Activision/blizzard.

Saying it was a long time ago would be fine if it was just some random publisher that just dropped games.

Funny thing is if Sony didn't purchase psygnosis years ago and then firesprite recently y'all wouldn't be getting some of your beloved vr games now.

On top of that there was a ton of growing pains that Sony went through with the company. But let y'all tell it and only it's a MS only thing :mjlol:
Like i said it’s all just a combination of jewelz and that was different.

Dude was just talking about deals xbox made 3 generations ago. But naw that one don’t count cause it was before that. :stopitslime:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Psygnosis they made games that unless you were British or played Lemmings, you never heard of them. That became Sony Liverpool.

Sony bought Psygnosis before there was a PlayStation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Psygnosis they made games that unless you were British or played Lemmings, you never heard of them. That became Sony Liverpool.

They were a publisher. Sony needed lots of talent and IP. They purchased a publisher. Same as now they wanna break into multiplayer stuff so they purchased bungie.

No two situations are exactly the same. Point is, none of this is new and people just talk themselves into feeling good or “concerned” about this stuff based on who’s doing the aquiring.

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
They were a publisher. Sony needed lots of talent and IP. They purchased a publisher. Same as now they wanna break into multiplayer stuff so they purchased bungie.

No two situations are exactly the same. Point is, none of this is new and people just talk themselves into feeling good or “concerned” about this stuff based on who’s doing the aquiring.
I'm not saying it's new. Sony Liverpool was closed in 2012. Firesprite was made up of ex Sony Liverpool employees. Ironically Sony bought Firesprite.

However my point remains ABK is a big publisher. Maybe in the US massive companies are allowed to merge.

In the EU/UK concessions have to be made.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Lemming on the Amiga :wow:

I think they made a Lemmings mobile game a few years ago

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They made and published Wipeout, and destruction derby.

Wipeout was literally a game that made people say "I have to get have a playstation" destruction derby was also a smash hit.

And they were exclusive to playstation for at least a couple years. DD might have never made it multi platform.

If not for DD there is also no twisted metal. Which also went on to be a massive hit.

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
They made and published Wipeout, and destruction derby.

Wipeout was literally a game that made people say "I have to get have a playstation" destruction derby was also a smash hit.

And they were exclusive to playstation for at least a couple years. DD might have never made it multi platform.

If not for DD there is also no twisted metal. Which also went on to be a massive hit.
You do know that Sony allowed them to publish games as themselves even though they bought the company.

But kudos on your googles

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do know that Sony allowed them to publish games as themselves even though they bought the company.

But kudos on your googles
I also know that Sony didn't like that, and wanted it to stop and attempted to sell them off before they smooth things over.

And no Google, altho ain't nothing wrong with that. I have/had a books that cover the history of video games and then some plus being around helped

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Sony has purchased a publisher as well.

The last couple pages of this thread =
OIP.7RGZuSO1tXZgvjBX8F4yUAAAAA

juelz-talking.gif

giphy.gif
Bruh, stop:mjlol: