From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Daps
This show is bleak, graphic and wonderful.
More people need to jump on watching this one.

Definitely going to be a sleeper hit.

First 3 episodes are dope.

FROM_1DAVID_ALPAY.300dbfdd5d3d041417c9c91c62cc530f.jpg

No way he survives the season

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like the premise and mood of the show but three episodes in and they've really failed to present any compelling characters. The town is more interesting than anyone inside, basically. Given that it came from guys who worked on Lost I figured characterization would be solid.

We've got a sheriff who has an estranged son...but we know nothing else about him. The family from the RV feel faceless. The priest...dunno anything about him. The kid deputy seems to have the most characterization. I figured by now we'd at least have some hints. Remember in Lost where even after a couple episodes you generally had an idea of who everyone was - even before their flashback. But here, three eps in and I'm not feeling a connection to anyone. Will keep watching because I really fukk with the premise but man...this show is flawed so far.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like the premise and mood of the show but three episodes in and they've really failed to present any compelling characters. The town is more interesting than anyone inside, basically. Given that it came from guys who worked on Lost I figured characterization would be solid.

We've got a sheriff who has an estranged son...but we know nothing else about him. The family from the RV feel faceless. The priest...dunno anything about him. The kid deputy seems to have the most characterization. I figured by now we'd at least have some hints. Remember in Lost where even after a couple episodes you generally had an idea of who everyone was - even before their flashback. But here, three eps in and I'm not feeling a connection to anyone. Will keep watching because I really fukk with the premise but man...this show is flawed so far.
I understand the critique but I think the difference between Lost and From is that with Lost we were being introduced to all of the characters at the same time they were being stuck on the island while in From most of the characters have been stuck for awhile now so it isn't the same way of the audience and the characters going through the same experience.
Also Lost tended to traffic in archetypes with their characters while From is full of really burnt out characters who all on edge as soon as we are introduced to them.
I do think the RV family has been terribly developed though and the daughter is a thoroughly unnecessary character so far.