From Savanah With Love, I Fly To You Much Wiser Since My Goodbye To You...WWE Monday Night Raw June 26, 2023 USA 8e/7c

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They think it's giving him a rub by getting him a RAW match and being put next to Seth. But... they just made him into Seth's Ludwig Kaiser or Roman's smaller, less effective Solo.

Least they coulda done was had Seth go out there and fukk with Finn, let Melo get a win that serves to just make Finn even more pissed off. Which could be paid off by having him pop up in NXT to fukk over Melo for his title defense. Let Trick run interference enough that Melo still retains. Gets your NXT champion a win on TV, lets him look strong, carries a storyline into Tuesday that might get more eyes on the show, and Finn looks no weaker especially if it's the surprise rollup because of inteference.

Finn gets even madder at Seth for causing him to lose on the way to the PLE, Melo gets an actual rub plus the carryover into tomorrow, Seth looks like someone who pays back transgressions in kind but in his own way... it was the better booking.

So they didn't do it.
Nothing wrong with Melo losing, it's called paying your dues. Remember the thing the OG's are so big on?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Nothing wrong with Melo losing, it's called paying your dues. Remember he thing the OG's are so big on?
then they shouldn't have booked it.
Paying your dues is fine. But devaluing one of your champions is bad booking; period. You think a territory woulda let their champion go up to CT to job to the guy challenging for their top title who is most likely going to fail to get it?
No.
Because it makes it seem like the guy who's going to fail to win that title could easily walk in and take yours; he just doesn't want it.
And even if that's true... you do not say that. on TV, even through actions. Its bad booking

Besides... Melo beating Finn (with help) would be an accolade he could take back to NXT 'I beat the two longest reigning NXT champions. I'm HIM'

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
then they shouldn't have booked it.
Paying your dues is fine. But devaluing one of your champions is bad booking; period. You think a territory woulda let their champion go up to CT to job to the guy challenging for their top title who is most likely going to fail to get it?
No.
Because it makes it seem like the guy who's going to fail to win that title could easily walk in and take yours; he just doesn't want it.
And even if that's true... you do not say that. on TV, even through actions. Its bad booking

Besides... Melo beating Finn (with help) would be an accolade he could take back to NXT 'I beat the two longest reigning NXT champions. I'm HIM'
He will be fine, you are over thinking it. Sometimes you win when you lose, this is one of those times.