Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston

I'm pretty sure he doesn't personally run his Twitter account so that's likely just someone promoting rather than any indication of it actually coming soon

Not trying to be negative it's just that I remember the time between Thuggin dropping and Cocaine Pinata actually coming out so I'm not getting my hopes up this time around.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure he doesn't personally run his Twitter account so that's likely just someone promoting rather than any indication of it actually coming soon

Not trying to be negative it's just that I remember the time between Thuggin dropping and Cocaine Pinata actually coming out so I'm not getting my hopes up this time around.
I understand but I think the rollout will be much quicker this time, thry are supposedly done with all the songs.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I understand but I think the rollout will be much quicker this time, thry are supposedly done with all the songs.
I hope so. Madlib collabs process is really slow.
With pinata and bad neighbor after the initial announcement the album took 3 years to drop.
Madlib dropped two eps, the album finally drops and later the instrumental album.

Middle Finga U

Paper Chaser by Nature
Daps
Reppin
Melanated People Globally
He just dropped an album (basically an EP) less than a month ago. I don't expect this to drop before the end of the summer at the earliest. I'm thinking toward the end of the year realistically.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Right before summer would be cool. Rushing music isn't a good idea most of the time.
FWIW I feel like rushing music can be a very terrible idea, but I also don't think it's usually as bad as people think. A lot of people overthink the shyt. Jay supposedly recorded 2/3rds of Blueprint in a few days, and while the lyrics maybe aren't as intricate on that album as they are on some of his others, there's a vibe and a cohesiveness to recording quickly in bulk like that, that I think is pretty cool. When Skyzoo and 9th Wonder did their 3 Day High album in 3 days, that was very dope. On the other hand, Statik Selektah had a run of doing 24 hour albums with people, like Freeway for example, and I think those didn't turn out as good. When the speed is done as the selling point, I think it gets weak.

Other people meticulously plan things out, and take a long time to record. I think that can be really cool too. On the flip side, you get people like Dr. Dre or Jay Elec that are such perfectionists that they never release anything. And when they do, they've set the bar too high and no one receives it as well as the artist wants it to be. It's all about personalities and vibes.

I agree with you though and my post was mostly rambling. My bad.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
FWIW I feel like rushing music can be a very terrible idea, but I also don't think it's usually as bad as people think. A lot of people overthink the shyt. Jay supposedly recorded 2/3rds of Blueprint in a few days, and while the lyrics maybe aren't as intricate on that album as they are on some of his others, there's a vibe and a cohesiveness to recording quickly in bulk like that, that I think is pretty cool. When Skyzoo and 9th Wonder did their 3 Day High album in 3 days, that was very dope. On the other hand, Statik Selektah had a run of doing 24 hour albums with people, like Freeway for example, and I think those didn't turn out as good. When the speed is done as the selling point, I think it gets weak.

Other people meticulously plan things out, and take a long time to record. I think that can be really cool too. On the flip side, you get people like Dr. Dre or Jay Elec that are such perfectionists that they never release anything. And when they do, they've set the bar too high and no one receives it as well as the artist wants it to be. It's all about personalities and vibes.

I agree with you though and my post was mostly rambling. My bad.
No, I agree 100% with everything you said. It really depends on the artist, but in this particular case both of these guys have a near flawless track record by doing things the way they've always done it.

But yeah, Pac used to record twenty songs a day and shyt; hence the amount of adversaries in the cemeteries.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
No, I agree 100% with everything you said. It really depends on the artist, but in this particular case both of these guys have a near flawless track record by doing things the way they've always done it.

But yeah, Pac used to record twenty songs a day and shyt; hence the amount of adversaries in the cemeteries.

:heh: